Sign in to follow this  
JETninja

MD11 progress shots :-) (Spitts please take a look :-))

Guest Eurosky

Looks awesome! nose needs some work though ;-) (John knows what I mean :-hah )

Guest S_pitts

Hehe Albert your nose needed some work too :)I don't have msn or aim I do have ICQ send me an email and ill send you my number

John, I have been struggling to design aircraft myself and rather than go through 133 pages of messages, I'd like to know where you learned the techniques to designing your aircraft. I was taught the old school way where you shape a cylinder to the templates. It doesn't look like you do that. Also, how are you able to get such detail when, from my experience, the scaling is so small? In gMax, if I were to make a plane that was 32' by 36' for example, it comes out tiny. And that's with Preferences set to Meters and Unit Setup in Meters. I desparately need to learn your techniques if you could point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Guest John_Noppe

Heya James, sorry for the late reply, internet didnt work :(Anyways, I learned it from alot of ppl but mostly from Andrew Warden (thank you!)If you have any chat program? then I can explain you on that :)PS I used a cylinder with 48 sides. ;) and offcours scaling :D

John NoppeScreenshot forum moderatorAVSIM Online

http://members.lycos.co.uk/airworldo/john_banner-2.gif

I use Yahoo mostly(because of my parents, they use it and like it and like to be in touch), or mIRC, or anything you do. Just name it, and I'll setup. I'd love to discuss some things with you. That would be so helpful. I'd make sure my aircraft mentioned you somewhere blatently visible in the documentation. Thanks!

Sure, my nick is binsurf2002. Let me know if you have trouble getting me.

Looking very sweet! I work at the Long Beach Plant where they were built, been here since '87 on the C-17 program. I saw the MD11 First Flight (been lucky, I've been present for first flights of the following: T-45, MD11, C-17, and 777 - spent '93 working on 747/767 programs in Everett before returning to C-17) Miss seeing them on the Flight Ramp....used be all sorts of them out there.Look forward to your model...

Guest CX001

Hey Jet, I live in Los Altos under the ILS for runway 30. I remember seeing the last MD-11 fly off to LH. I was at Hughes Middle School at the time, which is a little south of the takeoff path of Runway 30, so I got to see the last few MD-11s doing test flying. I certainly miss the MD-11s here in Long Beach. The occasional 717s just don't substitute well for DC-8s, DC-10s, and MD-11s. I got a tour of the C-17 plant a few months ago. Pretty cool place to work, if you ask me! I knew one of the C-17 flight test guys, but he got moved up to Seattle in 2000. BTW, I most likely will be painting the demo and test aircraft's schemes when this model is released. You wouldn't happen to have any personal photos lying around, would you? I'll probably do a/c #1, the GE test a/c, and the white w/ red trim P&W test a/c(not sure which airframe #,).http://www.airliners.net/open.file/014774/L/ is this the PW4000 test a/c? I have film of one of the PW400 test a/c taking off, but it has only a vertical stab like the one in the photo, and the MD logo. The rest is white. Is this a "rush" sitation going on here?http://www.airliners.net/open.file/002635/L/it must have been a beautiful day. :D