Sign in to follow this  

2002-----2004?!

Hi,As already known, there are some problems with panels, gauges and xml when putting your work from fs8 to fs9.Well, just installed fs9 and...there after my 767... :A total mess of bitmaps and nonfunctional xml.Almost a "hartattack" , switched back to 2002 and everything still ok, happily.I don't know what to do now, almost everything has to be corrected.Years of work (fun!)not functional anymore.No sounds etc.Next thing to do is copy fs9 scenery and effects to fs8??See General Forum!!One thing pro: Good Framerates!Btw. Got today also my medical and PPL-checkride; fixed again for another year!Shall i stick with real flying??Jan"Procul Negotiis"

>Hi,>>As already known, there are some problems with panels, gauges>and xml when putting your work from fs8 to fs9.>Well, just installed fs9 and...there after my 767... :>A total mess of bitmaps and nonfunctional xml.I guess I was "lucky" as I only had to rebuild three of the gauges for the Socata TB20GT...After screwing around for nearly half a day trying to figure out why the needle of the airspeed indicator was no longer pivoting on the center point, I took the same graphics and coded it and compiled it in C in less than 10 minutes...My KMA28 Audiopanel had to be rebuilt totally in C as well, as the "missing K_events" still seem to be missing. Again, I simply used the same graphics and had it functional again in less than 15 minutes.My VOR2 w/GS also needed to be rebuilt in C, since I couldn't get the durn variables working in XML properly...I think I just about finished with XML, 'cause it's just too darn flakey sometimes!BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Hi, I too am learning to fly for real.. I really only use FS9 to learn the navigation techniques. I'm not a designer of aircraft so dont know of these problems everyonre is talking about..But my line is "If ya want reality then fly for real..its a buzz!"CheersPhil

Bill, the missing K-events has been fixed. I have a working KMA28 (fixed yours) and a KMA24. The 28 works as before, while the 24 works with the right knob to select com transmit. The nested tooltips had to be removed though due to a new bug in FS (even default gauges suffers this). The small monitor buttons on the com will update automatically, yet let you select to monitor the other com as needed. All functions have double graphics to make autodimming work at night, except when panel_light is on which gives enough light to switch the radios to day-mode. Using Arne's sunangle code naturally.I also have VOR1_GS, VOR2, and VOR2_GS complete with "one element per function" (one element for TO, one for FROM indication i.e.) to easily accomodate variable night lightning (using bright flag with different images), if you're interrested. Umm, I do believe I use more complex needle-driving-code to better simulate cone of reception though.

>I also have VOR1_GS, VOR2, and VOR2_GS complete with "one>element per function" (one element for TO, one for FROM>indication i.e.) to easily accomodate variable night lightning>(using bright flag with different images), if you're>interrested. Umm, I do believe I use more complex>needle-driving-code to better simulate cone of reception>though.Thank you, Karl. Of course I'm interested in keeping up to date on XML coding, as it does have it's place.One of the unfortunate "side effects" I've never been able to completely "cure" though remains: sprite rotation of bitmaps in XML frequently cause undesired effects on adjacent gauges.When I redid the VOR2 w/GS in XML, for example, switching off the instrument lights would leave "lighted artifacts" on the altitude gauge's right edge, and the top edge of the RMI (a small portion was left "lighted" and could only be "turned off" by use of the "Reload Gauges" function... :(BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Guest Eugen

Hi Jan,You can try to copy the panel.cfg file from fs2002 to fs2004 that made a huge difference in my case a pfd which was totally wacked up, but graphics needs to be real size...brgdsEugen

Eugen,In my case everything!All bitmaps and a lot of xml code.Even "new" 747-400 gauges as standby altimeter etc., are distorted in my panel, don't know why.Almost impossible to get needles at their proper places.No sounds anymore etc.So i will stay for the mean time in FS 2002.I didn't even finish my panel...And what is the difference??Almost always i fly at FL 350 above the weather, testing and testing.Scenery is my last interest.When i land, then it is night or there are CAT III circumstances.Designing and testing the aircraft systems is my fun.For sure, i 'll adapt my plane and panel for FS9.But i'm afraid it won't be finished before FS10...BTW, which panel.cfg file?Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest Eugen

Jan,The panel.cfg file in the aircraftpanel folder when I copied it from fs 2002 to fs2004 it worked, just a few small things to change however most of my images were true size.Eugen

Eugen,There you go!All my bitmaps aren't.Well, corrected the Airspeed Indicator and found different ways to do that.The most challenging will be the EADI and MFD.Strange enough even the 747-400 altimeter from fs2004 still is distorted in my panel, which i can't understand.Has probably to do with the different bitmap sizes.Tomorrow another day.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Hi,Happy day!767-300, Plane and Panel, graphics and XML, 99.9% functional.Min: 1. Only Afterburner1&2 sound, little bit quiet.2. No "Fueldump".3. FPS!!Plus:1. Audiopanel 99%, only the ADF2 to go, does anybody know?2. Scenery etc.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

>1. Audiopanel 99%, only the ADF2 to go, does anybody know?>2. Scenery etc.Jan, to enable ADF2, you need to add this to the radio section:ADF=1,1ADF1=1,1 :)Also, these are the K-Events:ADF2_1_DECADF2_1_INCADF2_10_DECADF2_10_INCADF2_100_DECADF2_100_INCADF2_COMPLETE_SETADF2_FRACT_DEC_CARRYADF2_FRACT_INC_CARRYADF2_RADIO_TENTHS_DECADF2_RADIO_TENTHS_INCADF2_WHOLE_DECADF2_WHOLE_INCAlso take note of the new commands for ADF1ADF1_RADIO_TENTHS_DECADF1_RADIO_TENTHS_INCADF1_WHOLE_DECADF1_WHOLE_INCThese are the variables:ADF ACTIVE FREQUENCY ADF CARD ADF EXT FREQUENCY ADF FREQUENCY ADF IDENT ADF LATLONALT ADF NAME ADF RADIAL ADF SIGNAL ADF SOUND ADF STANDBY FREQUENCY ADF1 ACTIVE FREQUENCY ADF1 EXT FREQUENCY ADF1 FREQUENCY ADF1 IDENT ADF1 LATLONALT ADF1 NAME ADF1 RADIAL ADF1 SIGNAL ADF1 STANDBY FREQUENCYNotice the addition of the new, "Standby Frequency." MS seems to have been their characteristic inconsistent selves with the naming of the variables, referring to ADF2 with ADF1 variables... a handful of ADF 2 k-events fir the 2nd ADF, and a mishmash of ADF and ADF1 k-events for the primary ADF... http://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg