Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

VECTORS ?? IN XML FILES FOR FS9 !!!

Guest Skymed

Maybe its me...........maybe I'm slow, but you can do vector type drawings in XML!!!Been peeking in the GPS and found this gem:{ 0xFF0000 }{ 0x000000 }(A:Plane heading degrees gyro, radians)I changed the colours a bit and remmed out a statement, changed it to show plane heading instead of GPS heading......but its a very nioce vector compass rose.There are limitless possibilities. I also found that you can draw shapes instead of using bitmaps. This is an aircraft shape I have modified to show actual direction of travel:(A:Velocity world X, feet per second) (A:Velocity world Z, feet per second) atg2 (A:Magvar, radians) - (A Plane heading degrees gyro, radians) - YUP I am excited at the possibilities.Only thing I am not sure about is the format of the colours:{ 0xFF0000 }Is this hex?Well......back to playing some more :-)))Steve

Guest FelixFFDS

0xFF0000 - I would presume that 0x is a 'marker' and RGB is FF 00 00 corresponding to RGB 255, 0, 0as to the XML possibilities ... FSDS2 can export to an XML file.Extrapolating - can you make a gauge shape in FSDS, export as an xml file and incorporate into your gauges - or is that far-fetched?Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

Guest bartels

XML is in prnciple "only" a way to write fromatted data. So XML gauges and XML model data is presumably something completely dirfferent.Arne Bartels

As an observation, PLEASE put a checkmark in the box when posting XLM code to "Check if you DO NOT wish to use emotion icons in your message."This will eliminate the durn "smilie" substitution for valid XML command syntax! :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg