Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

Need help for two questions

Guest nhill

1) I modify panels all the time. I read that you can use a command "reload panel" to bypass loading another plane and then reloading the one your working on to force an update. How do I access and use this "reload panel" command?2) I now have MYTraffic 2004 which loads a bunch more planes into the A/C files. I understand that you can change the "Aircraft type=0" to "Aircraft type=2" to keep it from showing up in the program when changing planes. I have downloaded FSEdit but I'm not familier with it's use. How do I make this simple change?Thank you in advance.

Guest nhill

Well I figured out how to change the "Aircraft type" to 2, it was too simple, just hit the ENTER key, Duh!!But I still would like help on getting access to the "reload panel" command. I know someone attached it to one of the panel ICON's, but how?

Hi,You can make it yourself in xml, here is the code:Some gauge, somewhere on your panelRELOAD(>K:RELOAD_PANELS)Jan"Procul Negotiis"

>Well I figured out how to change the "Aircraft type" to 2, it>was too simple, just hit the ENTER key, Duh!!>>But I still would like help on getting access to the "reload>panel" command. I know someone attached it to one of the>panel ICON's, but how?If you are using FS9, there is now a built-in command "Reload User Aircraft," that you can assign to a keyboard shortcut. This will force a reload of the .air file, the aircraft.cfg and the panel.cfg file.It's a very, very handy tool for "tweak testing!" :)Jan's already posted the XML code for the "Reload" gauges.BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Huh? I tried the reload user aircraft method and I didn't get the panel updated - I believe I was tweaking the view directions at the time. However, I found that now you don't have to load another aircraft in prior to loading the "tweaking" aircraft, you just have to hit "select aircraft" and press enter. Better than before. I didn't get this to work while updating vc textures though - didn't try the reload user aircraft key either... I'll try tonight :)

Guest nhill

Thank you Jan. I'll give it a try. Question, do I need to make a "dummy.bmp" or is one in the program or what?

Hi,"Dummy.bmp" is just a bitmap.You can give it colors or make it transparant, whatever you wish.Give it any name you want. Jan"Procul Negotiis"