Sign in to follow this  
Guest Valid_Andy

Multiple MDLs

Guest odog

Hi, I need help. Im trying to use one folder to house 5 MDLs. I have a ski,wheeled,float,amphib, and retro Models. They use the same texture sheets. It seems like a waste to have to make folders and textures for each version. could someone explain how to set up the .cfg so it will pick up my 5 MDLs? or is it possible to "alias" a texture folder?thanks,joe

Guest Valid_Andy

As far as i know it can be done just like textures....eg look at this .cfg (Its the default 747 I have just changed it for the e.g.)[fltsim.0]title=Boeing 747-400sim=Boeing747-400model=panel=sound=texture=kb_checklists=Boeing747-400_checkkb_reference=Boeing747-400_refatc_id=N747atc_airline=Global Freightwaysatc_flight_number=1123atc_heavy=1atc_parking_types=CARGOui_manufacturer=Boeingui_type="747-400"ui_variation="Global Freightways"description="More than 30 years ago, the 747 made its first trip from New York to London. Since then, it's become the standard by which other large passenger jets are judged. Its size, range, speed and capacity were then, and are now, the best in its class."[fltsim.1]title=Boeing 747-400 Paint1sim=Boeing747-400model=panel=sound=texture=1kb_checklists=Boeing747-400_checkkb_reference=Boeing747-400_refatc_id=N747Katc_airline=Landmarkatc_flight_number=1123atc_heavy=1ui_manufacturer=Boeingui_type="747-400"ui_variation="Landmark Airlines"description="More than 30 years ago, the 747 made its first trip from New York to London. Since then, it's become the standard by which other large passenger jets are judged. Its size, range, speed and capacity were then, and are now, the best in its class."Ok...say you have 2 models...a PW powered 744 and a GE powered 744. make 2 model folders...one called model.ge and one called model.pw Now say the [fltsim.0] is the PW powered one.... in that section you need to put this on the model line....[fltsim.0]title=Boeing 747-400sim=Boeing747-400model=pwpanel=sound=texture=kb_checklists=Boeing747-400_checkkb_reference=Boeing747-400_ref....and the same for the GE powered aircraft....[fltsim.1]title=Boeing 747-400sim=Boeing747-400model=gepanel=sound=texture=1kb_checklists=Boeing747-400_checkkb_reference=Boeing747-400_ref....Basically it is donethe same as when you have multiple liverys on an aircraft...with the texture folder and texture line in the cfg. Both Models will use the textures in the txture assigned to htem if those tewxtures are named right...so the only textures which would be named differently would be the engines...so then you could assign 1 model to 1 texture, and another to another. Say...you have 2 models then...IAE powered A320 and a CFM powered A320. You have a BMI livery ( IAE ) and a Monarch livery ( CFM ). You want them in the same folder so you can keep your aircraft folder neat and tidy - You also have 2 different sound sets....one for each engine type...and the 2 different panels...one with a different set of guages for the Engines put the IAE model in a folder called model.IAEput the CFM model in a folder called model.CFMput the BMI livery in a folder called texture.BMIput the Monarch livery in a folder called texture.MONput the IAE sounds in a folder called sound.IAEput the CFM sounds in a folder called sound.CFMput the IAE panel in a folder called panel.IAEput the CFM panel in a folder called panel.CFMNow in the CFG file for the IAE powered BMI aircraft you would have...[fltsim.0]title=Airbus A320 IAEsim=A320.IAE <--Name of airfile for the IAE powered onemodel=IAE <--Extension on the model folder namepanel=IAE <--Extension on the IAE panel folder namesound=IAE <--Extension on the sound folder nametexture=BMI <--Entension on the texture folder nameAnd in the CFM file for the CFM powered Monarch aircraft you would have...[fltsim.1]title=Airbus A320 CFMsim=A320.CFM <--Name of airfile for the IAE powered onemodel=CFM <--Extension on the model folder namepanel=CFM <--Extension on the IAE panel folder namesound=CFM <--Extension on the sound folder nametexture=MON <--Entension on the texture folder nameThe title part must be different...as it is used for a number of things...like determining which aircraft is in AI traffic.As you can see you can cram loads into 1 aircraft folder....and if you dont have everything different you wont need all the different panel folders and stuff...so you would be saving space...just another way of keeping your aircraft folder tidy.I think thats how it works anyway...and i'm sorry if this i'snt what you meant!

Guest odog

Perfect! thanks for such a detailed explanation. This will do the trick.:-)joe

Guest Valid_Andy

Ah good job I got it right hehe...I would of looked stupid if I wrote that much and hadn't!