Sign in to follow this  
Guest bartels

MAKE_ICON for moving Knob

Guest taku

Asking again about altimeter with barometer knob.Now I am trying to get the function of moving knob with changing barometic setting. I know that I should use "MAKE_ICON" element, however I am confusing at Field "SWITCH_TYPE".Maybe I should take "ICON_SWITICH_TYPE_SET_CUR_USING_ RANGE" ,but there is no sample for that type. So question is,1)Is "ICON_SWITICH_TYPE_SET_CUR_USING_ RANGE" adequate for the purpose?2)How to use "offset" and "scale" for the type? I would be so happy if there are any sample code. I am quite new to making gauges, and also relatively new and have only poor knowledgement of C language. Thanks in advance.

Guest bartels

First the question, why MAKE_ICON?MAKE_ICONS are for displaying different bitmaps at the same place. You can of course simulate somthing like a stop-motion moving effect with it (like the XML gauges in the Baron, quite ugly in my opinion). So why not try MAKE_NEEDLE, MAKE_MOVING, MAKE_SLIDER....?Secondly, how to use MAKE_ICON with ICON_SWITICH_TYPE_SET_CUR_USING_RANGE? A MAKE_ICON consists of several bitmaps indexed 0,1,... NUM_ICONS-1. With ICON_SWITCH_TYPE_SET_CUR_ICON you have to return the index in the callback if used. With ICON_SWITICH_TYPE_SET_CUR_USING_RANGE the indexes are calculated from the token variable or the callback by subtracting OFFSET (at least I think so, I used 0) and then dividing by SCALE. The result is rounded to be used as an index to your bitmap list.Arne Bartels

Guest taku

>So why not try MAKE_NEEDLE, MAKE_MOVING, MAKE_SLIDER....?I see. That's quite true.The reason I tried to use MAKE_ICON,I am studying to make copy of 767PIC gauges.I got bitmaps from 767PIC's altimeter gauge by using GAU2BMP.There are 8 knob bitmaps which are each rotated 45 degrees.So, I thought this is using MAKE_ICON to display moving knobs.Anyway, I'll try with MAKE_NEEDLE to get same function.Thanks so much for your help!Taku

>>So why not try MAKE_NEEDLE, MAKE_MOVING, MAKE_SLIDER....?>>I see. That's quite true.>>The reason I tried to use MAKE_ICON,>I am studying to make copy of 767PIC gauges.>I got bitmaps from 767PIC's altimeter gauge by using GAU2BMP.>There are 8 knob bitmaps which are each rotated 45 degrees.>So, I thought this is using MAKE_ICON to display moving>knobs.Using a "needle" instead of an set of icons makes good sense, if only for reasons of file size economy, not to mention the smoother appearance of a rotating knob... :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Guest bartels

One potential problems with MAKE_NEEDLEs is that they might look distorted if they are near a border of the panel background bitmap. If you are far from the border it doesn't make any effect. Otherwise use MAKE_SPRITE instead.Arne Bartels