Sign in to follow this  
Guest IanK

Novice Question on Aircraft Modification

Guest FlyboyMichael

Hi Guys,I would like to make small adjustments to some of the default planes in fs9, but I have no idea what and where to tweak.I feel that when a plane is deflected from its longitudinal axis using rudder and then the rudder is removed, the plane springs back to the original longitudinal axis too violently and sometimes exhibits characteristics of an underdamped oscillation. Are there variables I can adjust to damp the action of the restoring force when the rudder input is removed? Where are the variables located? How much adjustment might be needed? I would also like to modify some of the default planes so that the nose wheel steering in a tricycle gear airplane is much less sensitive to rudder input, while retaining the responsiveness of the actual rudder control during flight and high speed taxi. In other words is it possible to control the amount of deflection caused by a given rudder pedal input separately for the rudder and the nose wheel? Where are the variables located? How much adjustment might be needed? Thanks for helping out a beginner,

Guest IanK

>Hi Guys,>>I would like to make small adjustments to some of the default>planes in fs9, but I have no idea what and where to tweak.>>I feel that when a plane is deflected from its longitudinal>axis using rudder and then the rudder is removed, the plane>springs back to the original longitudinal axis too violently>and sometimes exhibits characteristics of an underdamped>oscillation. Are there variables I can adjust to damp the>action of the restoring force when the rudder input is>removed? Where are the variables located? How much>adjustment might be needed? >>I would also like to modify some of the default planes so that>the nose wheel steering in a tricycle gear airplane is much>less sensitive to rudder input, while retaining the>responsiveness of the actual rudder control during flight and>high speed taxi. In other words is it possible to control the>amount of deflection caused by a given rudder pedal input>separately for the rudder and the nose wheel? Where are the>variables located? How much adjustment might be needed? >>Thanks for helping out a beginner,Hello Michael,standard reply to standard question:Air File Editorshttp://perso.wanadoo.fr/hsors/FS_Soft/fsairfile.htmlAir File Board, post March 2003http://www.avhistory.org/scripts/MegaBBS/logon.aspIan