Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhLem

Rotorway Exec Helicopter

Hi All,I'm looking for someone to produce a file for either FS2002 or 2004 (preferably 2004) for the Rotorway Exec 162F self-build kit helicopter for a project in building a simulator for it in an old fuselage. I can supply drawings, photos and tech info and Rotorway have a good web-site full of info. Any offers?Best wishesTony VolanteMicro Aviator EditorFlight Simulator User Group-UKtonyvee@blueyonder.co.uk

I have a set of 3-views for it, and I've thought about modelling it in FSDS 2. I just haven't gotten around to it--a decent job would take months given the hour or two a day most of us have to thinker. For what it's worth, take a look at my Microlight in the Avsim file library. I did that after 2 weeks with FSDS 2, and no prior CAD or modelling experience (although I have a pretty solid FDE background). I'd encourage you to try out FSDS 2. You may get hooked and there's nothing better than a project where you have a personal interest :) -John

Hi John,Many thanks, but as an editor of a magazine and a FlightSim club of some 1400 members (on my own), plus running my own full time business, spending time on the PC designing aircraft is not possible. The file is actually not required by me but by one of the members of the FlightSim club who owns a Rotorway Exec and, together with others in the UK who own them, wants to build a sim cockpit from an old fuselage. He mentioned payment of some sort, maybe some flights in his Rotorway or whatever. Can I give him your e-mail addres to contact you about it? If so e-mail your e-mail address to me at:- tonyvee@blueyonder.co.ukBest wishesTony

Kind of the same situation I deal with, running a large multi-state WAN, and the more complex task of managing a toddler and a spouse. As I said, many of the amateur designers don't have enough time to invest to get a quality result unless they spend months on the project. I know I could throw together something that looked like the Exec in a day or two, but it would be of such poor quality that I'd be embarassed to share it. If he's willing to help pay, hopefully some of the members here with the time will contact you... I'd be anxious to see the results myself :)-John

Guest PhLem

Is there someone for doing the fde ???Take care,UdoPGT:-wave