Sign in to follow this  
Guest luhiss

Glass Reflections in FS2004 - Before/After

Finally got it right, with a little help from my friends...The short formula:~My window transparency is set to 50 pct. That is really key to any reflections. Basically, the more "solid" the surface, the more the reflections.~My texture color is black (personal preference, I know some prefer a slightly gold hue)~My alpha channel in the texture is pure black--I'm shooting for as much reflectivity as I can get. Realistically, an RGB value somewhere between 64 and 0 should yield the best results.Here's the before/after results. The before result had an RGB value of 128 for the texture alpha. This was very reflective in FS2002. In FS2004, only the specular lighting came through. The second shot uses a RGB value of zero for the texture alpha. The windows appear as reflective as before. Actually, a bit over the top, but you get the idea.I hope this helps those currently working upcoming projects... I have to warn you though that this is more of an issue with newer nvidia cards. The GEF 2 handled texturing in a different way. I don't know how the results would appear on a Radeon...-Johnhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/32098.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/32099.jpg

Guest dcc

thank you,thank you,thank you !!!this was driving me nuts and I was beginning to think it was just my video card.- dcc

I second Bill,looking very good and up it does seem that FS9 handlesenviornment mapping somewhat differantly than 2002. Untill the day comes when raytracing can be done in real time (allowing true refections)I guess that we will have to learn how each title and each new build handles the above. Dan

Guest luhiss

Thanks for the tip!!!! Big help!Luhiss