Sign in to follow this  
555_HH

FS2004 Localizer Capture

hi gents,i'm using Project Airbus A320 in FS2004 together with Eric Marcianos A320 panel - so far so good (still no navaids visible in ND, but that's another story)- i'm having a very sluggish and slow localizer capture, meaning, the aircraft is unable to capture the localizer in one piece and therefore swings left and right a hundered times before finally established on the localizer (most of the times too late before the threshold...)is there any parameter in the new fs2004 aircraft.cfg which controls the bank angle of the localizer capture? or which controls the ILS in general ? or do i need to dig into the airfile to correct this (and if yes, which section in the airfile?)? i think, i have the same problem with the default b737 in fs2004...in addition, i flew yesterday with the default c172 and the controlled heading via the autopilot was also very bad...a 90 degree course change resulte in some left and right swings beofre the new course was established...inreal life i would have thrown-up...thanks for helping!cheers,harald

Try to copy paste the 737 default autopilot section, I could be deadly wrong but I bet that the new autopilot lines in aircraft.cfg for the A320 that you are using are the ones from the default 172. This isn't right but doesn't hurt to try.Jos

I am very surprised by what you say, because I noticed a very good behavior of the ILS capture, much better than FS2002. This was done with my A320 panel and the Project Airbus A320, and the approach on LFPG Paris Charles de Gaulle was perfect, with Autoland.Please note that you must capture the runway axis before arming the LOC mode. The LOC mode will not do all the work for you...Eric

>in addition, i flew yesterday with the default c172 and the>controlled heading via the autopilot was also very bad...a 90>degree course change resulte in some left and right swings>beofre the new course was established...inreal life i would>have thrown-up...Harald, if you are having problems even with the default a/c, then the problem is one of pilot technique, and not a fault of any specific model... :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Hi Eric and others!it seems i had a bad day when trying the ILS mode or was not yet used to fs2004..:-) did a couple of flights in the past and the autopilot was behaving as it should (was flying though not with PA A320).anyhow, seems to work now!cheers,harald