Sign in to follow this  
Guest JonP01

Zoom code in panel.cfg not working in FS2004?

Guest JonP01

I've noticed that the zoom parameters in the view stanza in the panel.cfg file do not seem to work in FS2004. I have set up all my aircraft with a zoom of 0.75 in the virtual cockpit without problems. But although I change the 2D zoom to 0.75 and then save the flight, the value in that saved flight reverts back to 1.00. So I edit the saved flight manually and that correctly gives me my 2D view zoom of 0.75. But the problem is this cannot be done for side views like it could in FS2002 and earlier versions. For example, I edited the panel.cfg file and changed all the 2D view directions to 0.75 zoom. FS2004 seems to ingore my doing this. The only 2D zoom value it seems to accept - other than 1.00 - is the value used for the forward view. So if you look anywhere other than forward in 2D mode, you seem forced to use 1.00 zoom, regardless of whether you like it or not.Am I missing something here or is that just the way FS2004 works?

Guest JonP01

It's OK. It's working now. I was obviously doing something wrong.