Sign in to follow this  
Guest IanK

Need help editing flight dynamics...

Guest xoio

Hi to anyone how knows about the parameters in the .air & .cfg files.I'm fiddling around with an .air file, to alter the way in which the flaps affect the amount of nose down pitch of a plane when a notch of flaps are deployed & the amount of lift that is generated. I think i've found the params that control the amount of lift, however I'm lost to know which params to edit in the .air file that controls the AMOUNT of nose DOWN pitch (in degrees) the aircraft experiences when a notch of flaps is extended.Basically what do i edit so that i can control the amount of nose pitch downwards when i extend flaps.... even as far as NO pitch change at all, just an increase in lift?The 'pitch_scalar' variable in the cfg file seems pretty crap as a modifier, when i try wild values, the AMOUNT of nosedown pitch stays the SAME!!... all that changes is the amount of trim needed to keep the nose at the same pitch.. its the OPPOSITE i want.... Current:(e.g.)air speed 200kts .. flaps up... nose 3 degrees up... apply 1 notch of flaps (5 degrees) ... nose now 1-2 degrees BELOW level. (5 degrees downward change)Desired:same airspeed.... nose 3 degs up ... apply same flaps.. but nose only goes down 2 - 3 degrees to horizontal, (Or less, or NO change if i choose! .. basically i want control of this!!!)What variables in the .air file do i alter & by what proportions in order to control the amount of nose pitch?Look forward to an answer.RegardsAl

Guest xoio

:-)Ok this issue i've managed to fix now.....A little cheat in fact, in the form of an XML gauge that aids in the ILS approach hold... It lifts the nose automatically several time for me during approach, allowing the plane to land bang on the numbers EVERY time!! .. PHEW!!Now all i need is my GroundSpeed 'wall' limit problem solving .. (See seperate posts) so that i can achieve true Hypersonic speeds with a groundspeed of 1 Mile Per Sec + :-D - Any Ideas Anyone?And the nose diving problem, when using the autopilot to turn to a new heading whilst in Turbulence... But it does keep to an altitude in smooth air. (See seperate post.)A;