Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

GPS export in FS2004

The MS panel SDK for FS2002 was provided with a sample code and a DLL (gps_export.dll) that allowed to read the GPS flight plan information. This does not work in FS2004.Do you know how to read the GPS flight plan info in FS2004?Do you know if Microsoft has plans to release the same SDK for FS2004?Thanks for any help !!Eric

>The MS panel SDK for FS2002 was provided with a sample code>and a DLL (gps_export.dll) that allowed to read the GPS flight>plan information. This does not work in FS2004.>Do you know how to read the GPS flight plan info in FS2004?>Do you know if Microsoft has plans to release the same SDK for>FS2004?>>Thanks for any help !!Eric,Why not simply try using the new variables and see what happens? It seems to me like FS just made it a whole lot easier to get the GPS information... :)GPS APPROACH AIRPORT ID GPS APPROACH APPROACH ID GPS APPROACH APPROACH INDEX GPS APPROACH APPROACH TYPE GPS APPROACH IS FINAL GPS APPROACH IS MISSED GPS APPROACH IS WP RUNWAY GPS APPROACH MODE GPS APPROACH SEGMENT TYPE GPS APPROACH TIMEZONE DEVIATION GPS APPROACH TRANSITION ID GPS APPROACH TRANSITION INDEX GPS APPROACH WP COUNT GPS APPROACH WP INDEX GPS APPROACH WP TYPE GPS COURSE TO STEER GPS WP ETA GPS DRIVES NAV1 GPS ETA GPS ETE GPS FLIGHT PLAN WP COUNT GPS FLIGHT PLAN WP INDEX GPS GROUND MAGNETIC TRACK GPS GROUND SPEED GPS GROUND TRUE HEADING GPS GROUND TRUE TRACK GPS IS ACTIVE FLIGHT PLAN GPS IS ACTIVE WAY POINT GPS IS ACTIVE WP LOCKED GPS IS APPROACH ACTIVE GPS IS APPROACH LOADED GPS IS ARRIVED GPS IS DIRECTTO FLIGHTPLAN GPS MAGVAR GPS POSITION ALT GPS POSITION LAT GPS POSITION LON GPS TARGET ALTITUDE GPS TARGET DISTANCE GPS WP BEARING GPS WP CROSS TRK GPS WP DESIRED TRACK GPS WP DISTANCE GPS WP ETE GPS WP NEXT ALT GPS WP NEXT ID GPS WP NEXT LAT GPS WP NEXT LON GPS WP PREV ALT GPS WP PREV ID GPS WP PREV LAT GPS WP PREV LON GPS WP PREV VALID GPS WP TRACK ANGLE ERROR GPS WP TRUE BEARING GPS WP TRUE REQ HDG GPS WP VERTICAL SPEED And the new K_Events:GPS_ACTIVATE_BUTTONGPS_BUTTON1GPS_BUTTON2GPS_BUTTON3GPS_BUTTON4GPS_BUTTON5GPS_CLEAR_ALL_BUTTONGPS_CLEAR_BUTTONGPS_CLEAR_BUTTON_DOWNGPS_CLEAR_BUTTON_UPGPS_CURSOR_BUTTONGPS_DIRECTTO_BUTTONGPS_ENTER_BUTTONGPS_FLIGHTPLAN_BUTTONGPS_GROUP_KNOB_DECGPS_GROUP_KNOB_INCGPS_MENU_BUTTONGPS_MSG_BUTTONGPS_MSG_BUTTON_DOWNGPS_MSG_BUTTON_UPGPS_NEAREST_BUTTONGPS_OBS_BUTTONGPS_PAGE_KNOB_DECGPS_PAGE_KNOB_INCGPS_POWER_BUTTONGPS_PROCEDURE_BUTTONGPS_SETUP_BUTTONGPS_TERRAIN_BUTTONGPS_VNAV_BUTTONGPS_ZOOMIN_BUTTONGPS_ZOOMOUT_BUTTONGYRO_DRIFT_DECGYRO_DRIFT_INCGYRO_DRIFT_SETBillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Guest JeanLuc_

Eric,so far I've had great success with gps_export.DLL in FS9. what is it that does not work exactly?

I have no problems using gps_export.dll in FS2004. My F-16 panel is still able to retrieve flight plan info using it. Did you try putting gps_export.dll in the modules folder and using it?

Thanks for your help !!It appears that gps_export.dll works fine in FS2004, just lije it did in FS2002. I had a little bug that made me think there was a change here, sorry for this...Bill, can you tell me how you found all these new variables?Is there a new FS2004 SDK that I haven't seen yet?Eric

>Thanks for your help !!>It appears that gps_export.dll works fine in FS2004, just lije>it did in FS2002. I had a little bug that made me think there>was a change here, sorry for this...>>Bill, can you tell me how you found all these new variables?>Is there a new FS2004 SDK that I haven't seen yet?Eric, Jan provided the link to the three lists already, but I'd like to mention that even though these are the "XML names" for the variables and K:events, the names are usually very, very similar (if not exactly the same).Until the SDK comes along though, this is better than nothing. At the very least it gives "food for thought" and "fuel for experimentation..." :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Hi,Just know how good i can use the gps var's and events for my fmc!Well, have to wait with experimenting another 2 weeks.First "Route 66"!, arriving tomorrow with KL611 at o'Hare.Jan"Procul Negotiis"