Sign in to follow this  
Guest Skymed

Extracting info from Aircraft.cfg

Guest Skymed

Hi GangI want to extract the "static_cg_height" height from the aircraft.cfg file to input into a RADALT gauge for choppers. I want the RADALT to read zero when the chopper is on the ground, and right now I have to subtract the static height from the radalt height to make it zero. This can be a real pain when dealing with multiple aircraft.%((P:Units of measure, enum) 2 == if{ (A:Radio height, meters) 1.8 - } els{ (A:Radio height, feet) 4.3 - })%!3d!{dpl=RAD}Is there a way just to extract the info I need and input it into the gauge?Steve

Guest _ak

I think is much easyer to do in C

I don't know how to extract a data from an aircraft file (except using FSUIPC to get the aircraft.cfg file location), but I have another solution for you. As I develop my gauges in C, I know how to do it in C but not in XML. Here is my solution:When the aircraft is on ground (you can know this with the variable AIRCRAFT_ON_GROUND), its radio altitude is 0, so you can read the RADIO_HEIGHT value, and store it in a variable which represents the CG height. After that, you just have to retract this value to the radio altitude read by RADIO_HEIGHT, and you will have the real radio altitude.Hope it helps...Eric

Guest Skymed

Eric,Excellent tipThanksSteve