Sign in to follow this  
Guest groundpounder75

Photorealistic Textures?

Guest groundpounder75

Can someone give me advice or help on how to create photorealistic textures for repaints. I started painting last week with PS 7.0 and I was wondering if most repaints are done by hand or by a different method? I really like the quality of the Posky repaints but I don't know how to achieve that level of quality. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks,

Guest Lionel Goh

POSKY textures are mainly done by hand..except for the painter Thomas Stillner..some advice...start with painting by hand..untilo u get very good..then continue with photorealistic :)the KLM in my banner is by hand :)

Guest groundpounder75

"then continue with photorealistic"How do you do the photorealistic? That is what I am trying to find out becuase I am curious about it.

Guest ben_hewitt

On a very basic level you find many high quality and detailed photos and combine them using the tools in your paint package such as smugde, cloning air brushing and removing parts you dont want such as wings on the fuse etc etc to get a high quality look..it take a lot of work and patience to get a good result..the colouring and lighting varies from picture to picture which makes things even more difficult..i find it much easier to combine hand-drawn with photorealistic. The worst thing about photorealistic is the loss of quality and the time it takes..it's basically patchwork to keep the loss as little as possible.

Guest groundpounder75

Thanks Ben, that is what I was wondering about.