Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

problem with editing aircraft.cfg

Guest adameke777

Here's the story:I edit some sections of aircraft.cfg to my liking (e.g. increase pitch and roll stability, change the empty weight and MOIs). After I have flown the a/c, I close the fligtsim (FS2002) and look at the file, and it turns out the numbers are exactly as they had been before I edited them. Am I missing something here ? Should I perhaps get brutal and mess with the air file ? Your help is appreciated. Thanks

Guest PAtom

yes and no.yes, some values of the aircraft.cfg dont have any effect on the flight dynamics (see the "heavy nose" threat for fs2004). you have to edit the air file to change them.no, changes of the aircraft.cfg cannot be changed by fs2002 itself. there must be another problem why your changes didnt get stored into the cfg file (have a disc-cash installed?).cheerstom

Guest Milton

Ine the GENERAL section of the aircraft.cfg file, add this line:editable=0If that doesn't do it, then set the corresponding values in the .air file.Milton