Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

nmake versus IDE

It's more a curiosity than a problem. In my PC and several others a gauge compiled with the VC IDE doesn't give any problems but in others the gauge crashes or FS says "unable to load". If the gauge is compiled and linked with a makefile there isn't any problem. I checked the options and everything seems alright.Is it a known problem?ThanksJos

Guest bartels

What do you link to the gauge? Only user32.lib, or more? Arne Bartels

Hmm... I have pretty much linked there, most was given by default. Is there a 'minimum' list what is needed definatly in any case? Is it just this user32.lib?Thanks.Etienne

Guest bartels

In principle user32.lib is sufficient. Additionaly kernel32.lib if you have /nodefaultlib selected, e.g. if certain third party libs demand the setting of "nodefaultlib". The original FS2002 SDK makefile lists user32.lib,kernel32.lib and gdi32.lib, the last only for the GDI-Map example. The makefile under "LIBS" are directly represented un the "Link" configuration tab in the IDE.Arne Bartels

Guest bartels

Coming back to the original question, it is not a known problem that makefile and IDE compiled gauges behave differently. I personally hear that for the first time. I have no idea if this helps, but you can find the makefile info also in the IDE. -"cl $(C_FLAGS) -c $(INCS) SDK.c" in the C/C++ tab-"link $(L_FLAGS) /dll /out:$(DESTDIR)SDK.gau SDK.obj SDK.res $(LIBS)" in the link tab-" rc -r $(INCS) SDK.rc" in the resource tabAll these tabs have a bottom window showing the same type of parameters used in the makefile. Maybe playing with the IDE parameters might help to bring it to the same behaviour as with makefile.Arne Bartels