Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

Getting controls information

Is there a way to get the controls information in a C gauge? I'd like to read the joystick and throttle position in the code of my gauge.I know it can be made with FSUIPC (offsets 3328 to 332E), but is there a way to do this without FSUIPC?Thanks !!Eric

Hi Eric,there is a possibility: using DirectInput. The SDK can be found on the msdn website.King Regards,Marcel Burr

Yes, I have already thought about this, but... I'd rather get the information directly from FS, because I don't know which device is used for which axis. For aileron and elevator, it is highly probable that people use the joystick, but for the throttle input, it is not that easy.Eric

Hey,I doubt you will get this information directly from FS... Maybe thru some FS DLL, but I don't know.DInput should work though. Haven't got it working yet, but I am also currently trying exactly that. :-)Etienne