Sign in to follow this  
Guest ronalito

NavData in Eric's Marcianos new A320/A330 Panel for 2004

hi,yesterday, Eric released a patch for his excellent A320/A330 panel - couldn't find any description, what was changed (i didn't have any problems with V2.2 in Fs2004 except not working NavData...)but still, NavData is not working resp not showing any Navaids (VOR's, NDB's, etc) except the flightroute.i have installed nav_13.zip - so far so good - beside, that during installation, FS2004 was not found, NavData got installed in the FS9 directory. i can open fsnav99.exe an get all the data but the program is closing as soon as i try to rebuild the database.questions:1.)do u have any problems wih NavData in Eric's A320/A330 Panels?2.)do i need to rebuild the database within NavData in order to get it working with the panels? 3.)can anybody pls the size of the *.dat files ? maybe thats the problem...thanks for helping!cheers,harald

Hello Harald,Let me answer the questions I can answer:1) The panels work fine on my machine (Windows XP) with FS2004, the navaids properly appear on the ND.2) No, you don't need to rebuild the database to have the ND working properly. I have just copied the *.dat files in the NavData directory, and everything works fine.3) Here are the size of the *.dat files I have:apt.dat: 1,710,436 bytesidx.dat: 1,714,551vor.dat: 796,795ndb.dat: 546,706Some other users have reported the same problem. I have been searching for an explanation, but I couldn't find any. I'm still searching...For your information, the only change for FS2004 is the connection to FSUIPC which allows to have AI traffic displayed on the ND.Eric

Hi Eric!thanks for that quick reply! My System: XP Pro with SP1ad 2.) ok, meaning, you take the database as it is (FS2002 data), so no rebuilding - anyhow, does your NavData crashes when u try to rebuild the database (not index) with path set to FS9? if no rebuilding with FS9 data is neccessary, what about the additional 5000 airports (and maye navaids) in fs9? will they appear in the ND?ad 3.) i'm at work currently, but will check my file sizes when i'm at home...but guessing, there are the same...same size as the come after the NavData installation and also in Backup folder.luckily, i can see both the AI Traffic and the flightroute on the ND, but no navaids...not a big deal and always enjoying your excellent panels! also considering buying your A340 panel!thanks for looking in that issue!cheers,Harald

My system is also XP Pro SP1.2) Yes, I mean you should use the FS2002 data, so you will not take advantage of the FS2004 additions, they will not appear in the ND. I haven't test the database rebuild with FS9, but it should crash because the BGL file format has changed.3) You should try to restore the data files located in your backup folder and let me know if it works better.If you see the AI traffic, it means that the FSUIPC connection works properly, so the bug is not here...Eric

Hi Eric,ok, thats (change in bgl format) the reason why NavData is chrashing...already thought something wrong on my system!i will try to use the data from the backup folder, although i think it will not help - NavData is not updating anything during the crash, so the size of all files stays the same - but will try - let u know.yes, fsuipc is working properly.if i can be of any assistance, let me know - thanks for helping!cheers,harald

Hi Eirc!before leaving work and goeing home :-), just one question:when u dig into the gauges, might it be possible to change the white backlighting into the orange/red airbus color? i have already changed the standby instrument colors into orange (in the panel.cfg)...that would really enhance the night flying...if that's too much work...doesn't matter..just thought of it!cheers,harald

hi,did copy from the backup-folder with no result - still no navaids visible...x( also, tried an ILS automatic landing - everything went well, expect at touchdown or shortly above the runway where suddenly full throttle kicked in and the airplane started to raise ?! also happening during manual approach (AP and ATH switched off), where i close throttle manually (wirh MS FF2) at "retard" but suddenly throttle went to full - i remember to see "alpha floor" on the E/WD flashing shortly before touchdown...that could be an airfile problem?thanks for helping!cheers,harald

Changing the color of backlighting is really a hard work, it will not be done for this version of the panel. Maybe in a future version...Eric

Yes, the problem comes from the aircraft model. It works perfect with the Project Airbus A320. As you noticed, the alpha-floor is triggered here, because your airspeed is lower than 125 kts. Maybe I should change the trigger airspeed (120 kts may be better).Eric

Hi Eric,thanks for answering! disabling ELAC during approach should fix it - will try that one! my question was near to "RTFM"...:-)re backlighting: no problem, thought color changing is somehow an easy modification...anyhow, thmubs up for your panels and hoping to see a fix for the navaid problem!cheers,harald

I suddenly have an idea that may be an explanation.Can you please check that the file named "Airbus Gauge Config.cfg" is here, in your "Gauges" directory?If it is not there, it may explain why the nav data are not loaded.ThanksEric

Good morning Eric!that looks promising! checked my Gauges directory: NO "airbus gauge config.cfg" found - where to get it?re gps_export.dll:don't know anymore if i have overrided or not - here are my gps_export.dll data:6,00 KB (6.144 Bytes)created: Friday, 13. Juni 2003, 05:36:24last change: Friday, 13. June 2003, 05:36:26is that the original fs2004 or not? and, u know where to find the original in the fs2004 cds? or can u send me your .dll at heidinger$chello.at (replacing $ with @)?thanks! and great that u found the solution!cheers,harald

Hi Eric,found the original gps_export.dll on fs9 CD2 Cab1...copied in the modules folder but still no navaids visible...arghhhhhh :-)also, checked my old fs2002 on 2nd pc but also there no airbus.cfg available...that's a mysery..! :-)cheers,harald

Hello guys !!I still see questions about the bug of non-apearing navaids on the ND. As said in a previous post, the soluion has been found, please read my FAQ: http://emarciano.free.fr/FAQ.htmAn Airbus config file can be downloaded there to solve the problem.Eric