Sign in to follow this  
Great Ozzie

First Solo....

Update on the PPL progress.Well, I have now got to the point of preparing for the flight test.I still have some cross country and instrument work to do but basically the finish line is in sight!Hopefully my bank manager (the wife) will put up the required funds for the commercial next.....Keeep your fingers crossed for me.

I'm not sure how different the hour requirements are in your country but I would do the instrument rating first. You can then build up the hours required for commercial while you are training for your commercial.

I concur-get the ifr first....Planning a trip this summer with stops in Canada....English speaking endorsement to license (though deadline appears to have been moved back) and radio station license required with the bureaucracy, and time to get the paperwork-yuk-could be a deal breaker! :-) Hope I can get it all back in time to go....http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

I just got my FCC permit for myself and it only took a four days. Does your Baron have the radio station permit already?Hopefully by the end of the week I will have the english speaking endorsement on my license!

Guest fullstoplanding

I agree about the IR first, but consider this. Going for the Commercial is primarily that of building time. I suggest buying an older, basic-model airplane. When you're done you have something of value to sell...or keep. It's sort of like, should I rent or buy a house? When you rent all you have over a period of time is a handful of rent receipts. Other alternatives: going in on a partnership or joining a flying club. Good luck,Roger

Congratulations Glenn! First solo was 10.20.2003 and still remember the details like a movie.The C150 performance was amazing without the instructor...Slight skip on the first of three but nailed the other two while the local Beechjet 400A sat waiting for departure...they congratulated me on freq as they took off. Legs shook as I went inside and lost my shirtail:-)That is a day you'll never forget. Now comes solo CC and all the rest but what a blast huh?:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png