Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

SDK Variables & Events

I have been using the MSFS Panel SDK for years, but some variables and events are still mysterious...1) Can someone explain me the difference between TURB_ENGINE_1_N1 and TURB_ENGINE_1_CORRECTED_N1? Or for N2?2) To set autopilot mode, for example the heading hold, I have always used the event KEY_AP_PANEL_HEADING_HOLD. But what is the event KEY_AP_HDG_HOLD? What is the difference?3) Some other events are completely unknown to me:KEY_ADF_CARD_INC and DECKEY_ATTITUDE_BARS_POSITION_INC and DECKEY_AUTOPILOT_AIRSPEED_ACQUIREKEY_CENTER_NT361_CHECKKEY_KEYBOARD_OVERLAYKEY_LETTERBOXKEY_LOW_HIGHT_WARNING_GAUGE_WILL_SETKEY_LOW_HIGHT_WARNING_SETKEY_OVERLAYMENUKEY_PANEL_ID_TOGGLEKEY_SNAP_VIEWKEY_TOGGLE_ALTERNATE_STATICKEY_TOGGLE_PITOT_BLOCKAGEKEY_TRUE_AIRSPEED_CALIBRATE_INC and DECKEY_TUG_HEADINGKEY_TUG_SPEEDI don't want to ask too much... but if you have any info about just one of these questions, please let me know.Thanks !!Eric

No idea actually, just guessin'...>3) Some other events are completely unknown to me:>KEY_ADF_CARD_INC and DECI think it's to turn the ADF heading compass on e. g. the Cessnas.>KEY_ATTITUDE_BARS_POSITION_INC and DECTo move the attitude center up and down, again e. g. for the Cessnas.>KEY_AUTOPILOT_AIRSPEED_ACQUIREWasn't this used for the Concorde in FS7...>KEY_PANEL_ID_TOGGLEThe individual subpanels have a unique ID set in the panel.cfg, maybe this is for calling them up...>KEY_TOGGLE_ALTERNATE_STATIC>KEY_TOGGLE_PITOT_BLOCKAGEHas to do with failures, see the failures dialog, there you can choose this stuff too, I think.>KEY_TRUE_AIRSPEED_CALIBRATE_INC and DECMaybe for turning the TAS card on the Cessnas' airspeed indicator?Good luck, dude...Etienne :-hahPS. (everything with no guarantee... ;-))

Thanks for your help, this is just the beginning... If we have an interactive chat with many panel developers, we may have the explanation for all these variables.Thanks !!

Guest Ron Freimuth

>I have been using the MSFS Panel SDK for years, but some>variables and events are still mysterious...>1) Can someone explain me the difference between>TURB_ENGINE_1_N1 and TURB_ENGINE_1_CORRECTED_N1? Or for N2?> ....................>Thanks !!>Eric Turbine parameters are 'corrected' to ISA SL temperature and pressure for calculating Thrust, RPM's, etc. The AIR file turbine tables generally use the corrected values. The panel gauges display the 'Reference' values, that is, the real values. I think the rest of your list was mostly explained. Many can be assigned to the KB; I assign failures and BU systems to combinations of the F-Keys. You can see what they do that way.Ron