Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ron Freimuth

twin engine helicopter

Has anyone got a twin engine helicopter to work (FS9)? If so how?

Piston YES, Turbine NO!Simply copy the engine.0-line in the R22 aircraft.cfg file and change the 0 to 1.regards,Franz

Do you know why the same won't work for a Turbine? After all, I can't seem to think of to many twin piston helicopters.

Guest Ron Freimuth

>Do you know why the same won't work for a Turbine? After>all, I can't seem to think of to many twin piston>helicopters. I noted the FS9 Roberson has new helicopter parameters in aircraft.cfg and very little is in the AIR file. The old Bell appears to use the legacy parameters in the AIR file. Which includes a 'hard coded' turbine model from FS98. I'd try to see if a combination of turbine powerplant with the new, "Robertson" parameters in aircraft.cfg would work. However, it appears people have found this doesn't work.Ron