Sign in to follow this  
Guest ptwaugh

XML Gauge: What's wrong with this code?

Guest ptwaugh

(A:Eng1 N1 rpm, number) 0 > if{ (>K:SMOKE_ON) } els{ (>K:SMOKE_OFF) } Also, where can I find a resource for the vector graphics commands available?Thanks, Patrick

Guest Ron Freimuth

>> > > > (A:Eng1 N1 rpm, number) 0 > if{ (>K:SMOKE_ON) } els{>(>K:SMOKE_OFF) }> > > >>>Also, where can I find a resource for the vector graphics>commands available?>Thanks, Patrick Gosh, I guess I've learned enought XML to suggest: (A:Eng1 N1 rpm, number) 0 > if{ 1 (>K:SMOKE_ON) } els{ 1 (>K:SMOKE_OFF) } You need to put bool '1' or '0' into bool K: events. Or, perhaps ".. els{ 0 (>K:Smoke_on)" to turn it off. Ron

Guest harry3

Hi Ron!You don't need to write a 1 or 0 in front of those (>K:...) vars! As Smoke_OFF already tells FS to turn smoke off, you don't need the 0 or 1. You would need it if you do it via (>K:Smoke_SET)!I don't know whats wrong about the code. It works fine for me(FS2002).Maybe the problem is somewhere else(maybe the Engine Variable isn't used in the plane. There are that much engine parameters that you often choose the wrong one. Try to use Airspeed as a variable, then you can see if the code works or not!)Regards,Harry

Guest Ron Freimuth

>Hi Ron!>>You don't need to write a 1 or 0 in front of those (>K:...)>vars! >As Smoke_OFF already tells FS to turn smoke off, you don't>need the 0 or 1. You would need it if you do it via>(>K:Smoke_SET)! I wasn't sure. In a RELOAD_PANELS file I have there are 0 and 1 ahead of the variables. Maybe because I had added "0 (>L:TestInit,bool)" to reset a counter I had in my main file and put "1" ahead of the K: event. >I don't know whats wrong about the code. It works fine for>me(FS2002).>Regards,>Harry I assume one has to have smoke.fx in aircraft.cfg. Ron

Guest ptwaugh

Thanks guys.I have a heli I'm using it with, and I'm not sure, but it seems to be working after all, lol.If not, I'll try different variables as you suggest.Patrick