Sign in to follow this  
Guest xoio

Aircraft stresses in .air file?

Guest xoio

Hi,Would anyone know which params in the .air file control the strength of the aircraft when dealing with stresses...?The aircraft I'm working on needs to be more 'robust' when dealing with the accelleration & turning forces encountered. Escpecially when Sim pilots here have their 'realism' settings up to the max...Currently, with these realism settings down, the plane is fine. However move them to the max & the plane overstresses doing the same casual things!..So where & what do i need to alter to make the plane stronger?look forward to an answerRegardsAl

Guest Douglas K

The G limits are found in the airfile Rec 1101 as shown in the attached image.The values entered are multiples of 936, in the example shown: 3744 divided by 936 = 4 for a 4G positive limit.The negative G limit is: 1404/936 = 1.5 or 1.5G.FS treats the G limits as the ultimate load factor, and the A/C will be "Overstressed" when the limit is exceeded. Real A/C have a safety factor of at least 50% engineered into the airframe design, and the ultimate load or failure point at which permanent structural deformation occurs in an A/C certified for 4G would theoretically be 4 x 1.5=6G.So adjust the airfile entries with the above in mind, or turn "Aircraft Stress Causes Damage" off in the Realism settings.

Guest xoio

*LOL* .. I must be BLIND!!... I've noticed the G limit section many-a-time... However it's only now that I'm focusing on it.But thankyou very much for the detail on the Values... This is something i was NOT aware of!!KindestAl