Sign in to follow this  
Guest FelixFFDS

Need Thorough GMAX tutorial for Novice

Guest xoio

Hi all plane building experts.Can someone please point me in the direction of an online tutorial, (Either web based or downloadable document), that offers a complete & thorough end-to-end tutorial for designing Aircraft in GMAX from Scratch. (Including having GMAX analyse scanned in 3 view drawings - If possible)I'm after something that will guide the novice through all steps, including more advanced features, like opening doors & windows, detailed Gear & 3d wheel bays, (rotating & steer-able wheels.) Animation of suspension, detailed flaps, spoilers, & control surfaces etc. Transparent windows etc.... & Painting. Basically a complete guide to building aircraft for FS2002,4Look forward to some pointers.RegardsAl

Guest FelixFFDS

What do you mean by "analysing scanned in 3-view drawings?"If you mean setting up the background images, that's one thing, but gmax will not magically take a single image and break it into the three properly scaled views.The best "cradle to grave" gmax tutorial on the matter is Hugh Shoult's "Stupid Idiot''s Guide to Making A Plane with gmax" THere is a link to it from the Freeflight Design Tutorials Section (http://www.freeflightdesign.com) as well as to other general and specific gmax plane making tutorials (by specific I mean, making specific components, etc.)While you may have done so already, I will recommend that you go through ALL of the tutorials that come with the downloads, even the flawed "P-38" tutorial (in which you will find out that the image is reversed, so if you manage to get that one into FS, you'll be flying backwards)Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

Guest xoio

Thanks for the responce :-)I've downloaded the turorial you've mentioned & I shal get stuck into it.CheersAl

Guest FelixFFDS

Caution - If I recall correctly, the "download version" you get from the FFDS site may not be as complete as the current version - click on the "link to tutorial" for the latest.Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design