Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

FS9 Aircraft Converter will there be one?

Guest Richard Hill

I like flying some asircraft available in FS2002, however some for example have no props. Will there be a converter anytime soon?Richard;

Nope.If the aircraft were designed IAW the FS2002 SDK, then they should be fine. My aircraft that I originally made for FS2002 work fine in FS2004, including the panels. No conversion is needed, except that the VC I made is not clickable. It sounds like the aircraft you were flying was made using older tools that didn't follow the SDK.The best you can hope for is to contact hte original author and see if he is planning to update his work.- Martin

>Nope.>>If the aircraft were designed IAW the FS2002 SDK, then they>should be fine. My aircraft that I originally made for FS2002>work fine in FS2004, including the panels. No conversion is>needed, except that the VC I made is not clickable.Why is that, Martin? All of my a/c ported to FS9 have "clickable hotspots" in the VC...Or, more precisely, everything that is "clickable" on the 2d is also "clickable" in the VC. Obviously, we cannot yet animate and make "clickable" the new elements that FS9 supports in the VC (such as 3d, "gaugeless" switches, etc.), but the rest works fine...BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

>Why is that, Martin? All of my a/c ported to FS9 have>"clickable hotspots" in the VC......because I never bothered to check, and always assumed that I would need to change something in the model. Also, there aren't many gauges in my Pilatus, so I never happened upon the hotspots. Sure enough, the gauges are clickable. Thanks again Bill.- Martin

Guest Richard Hill

Martin;I have the Sherpa22.zip for FS2002 while it flies great there is no prop animation. Richard;

Any aircraft created with FSDS 1.x will have the missing props, and perhaps missing gear as well. The only way they'll get converted is if the original author converts them to FSDS 2.x That process can range from simple to complex, depending on the animations and how they were done. There will be no "off the shelf" conversion utility unless Abacus figures how to make one, which I doubt. The reasons--FS2002 established a "norm" for handling part animations which was carried over into FS2004. For reasons unknown, Microsoft chose to ditch backward compatibility for older, FS2000 style FSDS 1.x aircraft in FS2004....-John