Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ron Freimuth

Overspeed velocity refusing to change?

Guest xoio

Hi All air file experts.Does anyone know why the air file from concorde. (Or possibly any air file with Airframe: 5934) REFUSES to stop overspeeding at Mach 2.02+, even when entry: 316 (Mmo) is set to Mach 5. (Or any other number higher than 2.02)?Other air files with differing airframes DO AS THEY ARE TOLD! when i set entry 316 to a higher mach, where-as this concorde airfile is being a pain in the ####! ... What HIDDEN parameter is there that i can tweak that WILL tell the plane to NOT overspeed warn when going faster than Mach 2? (The plane I'm working on can reach Mach 4.5 - 5+ , but starts to warn of overspeeding at Mach 2.04ish.... ) Another clear frustrating example of why it is Cr*p that M$ haven't bothered to properly document how their air files work. Anyway, an answer to the above problem would be much appreciated.RegardsAl

Guest Ron Freimuth

>Does anyone know why the air file from concorde. (Or possibly>any air file with Airframe: 5934) REFUSES to stop>overspeeding at Mach 2.02+, even when entry: 316 (Mmo) is set>to Mach 5. (Or any other number higher than 2.02)?>>Other air files with differing airframes DO AS THEY ARE TOLD!>when i set entry 316 to a higher mach, where-as this concorde>airfile is being a pain in the ####! ... >Al The Concorde Airframe Type sets the Concorde Overspeed table. No way to eliminate it other than to change the Airframe Type. Other than the overspeed table, the only thing I'm aware of is the Concorde Airframe Type makes PPH increase by about 110% when Reheat is turned on. You might try some recent Jet Transport number to kill both effects. Ron

Guest xoio

Hi Ron,This 'table' you mention.... is it viewable / editable?The trouble, is that the Concorde air file seems to govern some special animation effects on the Elevons... Meaning that they feel 'damped' when you move them. Visually this gives a slow smooth appealling animation.... (I'm sure you've all seen this.)Because the mapping of the elevon animation seems to be linked somehow by the modeller to this airframe type, upon changing it, the animations stop working, which is unacceptable....I'm really hoping that there is some other way to alter the mach issue, without sacrificing aircraft animations?Any more answers???Al

Guest Ron Freimuth

>Hi Ron,>This 'table' you mention.... is it viewable / editable? Not that I know of. Probably in sim1.dll.>>The trouble, is that the Concorde air file seems to govern>some special animation effects on the Elevons... Meaning that>they feel 'damped' when you move them. Hmm, does changing the JS 'sensitivity' affect that?>Because the mapping of the elevon animation seems to be linked>somehow by the modeller to this airframe type, upon changing>it, the animations stop working, which is unacceptable....>Al There are still one or two unknown 'Corcorde' paramereters in the AIR file. See if toggling them makes a difference. Let me know if you find anything.Ron