Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steven007

Can gauges control directly the ailerons, elevator, rudder?

You're right, I use the MS autopilot functions.I know you're right, the better solution is to develop my own autopilot that controls ailerons, rudder and elevators. But I will not do that, it is a much too big amount of work...Eric

Guest JeanLuc_

I'm sure you can do pretty much all you want with the default FS A/P. It is a matter of how you handle and use it as a ressource. As an example, the STEC55X in the Meridian is entirely based on the FS A/P support functions and engine (execpt the CWS mode which hold the bank and current VS, which in addition to the FS A/P SDK trigger_key events also uses the aileron_set for the bank control). To do this, the FS A/P is treated as an engine managed by a finite state 55X A/P code. In doing so, the 55X "forces" the FS A/P to the modes it has to be engaged in, 18 times a second, and in the end, you have a 55X which works with the 55X logic, not the default BK based A/P logic.Having said that, the new Meridian 2004 and 530XP v2.0 for FS2004 can control the A/P NAV mode directly (to make the aircraft fly to a particular track when the GPS is set for example, and the A/P is armed in NAV mode) in overiding the FS internal variable which holds the current "A/P in NAV mode track to fly to" This is not in the SDK, and like for the AI Traffic, requires to find out what functions to call in the FS modules, and what data to write in these modules. I won't document this here, but I wanted to write this to at least let you know it is feasible since it looks like this is what you are looking for for your FMC. So any attempt to find out won't be in vain. You only need one tool:http://home.t-online.de/home/Ollydbg/Hope this helps!

I did this and it works also. The only drawback is that there is no acceleration any more... Acceleration is painful when faulty, but it helps when it works fine.Nothing is perfect...Thanks to everyone for your help !!!!Eric

Guest _ak

>I did this and it works also. The only drawback is that there>is no acceleration any more... Acceleration is painful when>faulty, but it helps when it works fine.>Nothing is perfect...>You can do it.For example one hotzone for 100 feets target altitude increment, other for 1000 increment. Or left mouse button for 100, right for 1000

Once again, you're 100% right. I have already thought about using the left mouse button for standard increments of 100 and the right one for increments of 1000. But I've had so many problem reports on my Airbus panels, from people who couldn't use this left/right mouse button feature, that I now hesitate to use it again.Having the same area clickable with the left or right mouse button has already worked perfect on my machine, but it seems that it is painful for some users.I'll think about it...Thanks !!Eric

Guest Steven007

The left/right mouse clicks work just right on my pc too. No problems at all. I really like your Airbus panels :-)Greetz,Steven