Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

Updating my Boeing 737-NG Panel...

Guest Ionizeyou

Hello all...I'm looking for a little assistance with a few issues while in the process of upadating my 737-Next Generation panel for both FS8 and FS9.I want to add an area in my MFD that will state the current ILS Frequency when in range and which signal has been aquired. Basically it will read something like this: "ILS 108.50" And that's it... I'm scratching my head trying to fiqure this out. I don't want it to be adjustable from the MFD, just there to show that the ILS has been aquired and what frequency it's tuned to. Any help would be appreciated.Also, does anyone have a list they can share of xml text colors and fonts that are used in xml code? I know of a few that I've been able to find, but would like to take the guess-work out of it. : )Thanks in advance for any help provided!Best Regards,Kevin Sparkuhl

Guest bartels

Have a look in the XML FAQ to get xmlgau01.zip. Then ook into colors.txt for a list of available predefined colors, apart from that you can alo use RGB colors e.g. Color="#FFFFFF" for white, Color="#FF0000" for red, etc.Fonts can be all fonts installed on your system.Arne Bartels

Guest Ionizeyou

Thanks Arne...I just found an interesting website:http://webreference.com/cgi-bin/xml/rssappletconfig.pl#1You just click on a color box, and the xml code is listed at the bottom. I just reconfigured a couple of items using the new color and it looks great! BTW, upper and lower case letters do make a difference in the coding. Now if I could just figure out that ILS thing of mine...Regards,Kevin

Hi,Try something like this (A:NAV1 SIGNAL,bool)%ILS %((A:Nav1 active frequency, MHz))%!6.2f!Jan"Procul Negotiis"

>I don't want it to be adjustable from the MFD, just>there to show that the ILS has been aquired and what frequency>it's tuned to. Any help would be appreciated.It would be more authentic (and useful!) to simply display the nav's ID code. That's what the "Real Deal" does! :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Guest Ionizeyou

>...simply display the nav's ID code. That's what the "Real Deal" >does! :)Hey Bill...How's it going sir... it's been a long time.Ah yes, I've done that already. I'm just adding a few extra touches here and there. Still having a hard time with my panel night light splashes... but will get it done somehow. Might be checking back with you sooner than later on that one.Thanks again for all your help.Kevin

Guest Ron Freimuth

>Hi,>>Try something like this>>>> (A:NAV1 SIGNAL,bool)...............>Jan Actually, that's a number. I guess 'bool' turns true if it has any strength. The raw values start at '256' and move up when there is any NAV signal. This is what I put in my test gauge, it gives what I think is the actual signal strength in 'dBm'. That means dB relative to 1 mW, a typical value is about - 80 dBm (10 pico Watts).(A:NAV2 Signal,bel) 20 * 140.0 - (>L:NAV2db,number) Which means 20 Log (Signal Strength) - 140 dBm. One can do this for ADF's also. Now if one made a gauge that scanned the VOR frequencies, one could have a spectrum display that showed the strength and frequency of VOR's within range. If one added direction and distance then he could have a map of VOR's within range. Which could be quite useful. Real AC don't have such displays, though it could be done. Code it for FS and then sell the idea to an avionics company if it is useful in the Sim. ;) Ron

Guest Ionizeyou

That's real nice Jan...How can I make mine do tricks like yours... especially the flight plan info. When my MFD grows up, it wants to be just like yours!!:)Kevin

Again,It is from the real 737 NG.I stick to the 767, but my ND is quite similar.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest Eugen

Hi Jan,Are you using the new xml vector technique like in the MS GPS for your ND ?Eugen

Eugen,A bit experimenting.Btw. the pic is a foto of the real thing!Jan"Procul Negotiis"

HiThese are my pfd and nd.Bad quality, but this pic is 2 times enlarged.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest Ionizeyou

LOL!! Jan... you had me fooled! I thought that was YOUR work! ;)I'd still be interested on finding the code for displaying the flight plan within the ND... that'd be real nice looking... not to mention life-like as well. Eugen mentioned finding this code within FS9's GPS system... Have you looked at the code!!!! Holy cow! It's a mile long if it isn't two! Any help utilizing this in an ND display that mimicks the flight plan loaded in F9 would be helpful.Kevin