Sign in to follow this  

Gauge zip files

Guest jlwoodward

Could someone explain how the gauge zip files work for FS2004?I found a couple of gauges that I would like to use. The only way they would work was to copy the zip file from the default aircraft into the new aircraft panel file. I also copied over the appropriate lines from the panel.cfg file. I tried extracting only the gauges and their bitmaps but that did not work as the gauges did not show. It seems that using the entire zip file is a lot of baggage to carry just for one or two gauges.Thanks,John Woodward

Guest bones

Have you tried creating a sub folder in Gauges with EXACTLY the same name as the CAB file - then copy the relevant gauges into it? This works in FS2002 but I haven't tested it in FS2004.boneshttp://fsaviation.net

>Could someone explain how the gauge zip files work for>FS2004?>>I found a couple of gauges that I would like to use. The only>way they would work was to copy the zip file from the default>aircraft into the new aircraft panel file. I also copied over>the appropriate lines from the panel.cfg file. I tried>extracting only the gauges and their bitmaps but that did not>work as the gauges did not show. It seems that using the>entire zip file is a lot of baggage to carry just for one or>two gauges.John, simply MOVE the .CAB file to the FS9Gauges folder and drop it in.That way, it can be shared by any a/c you want...Gee, that's just like it was in FS2k2... :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg