Sign in to follow this  
Guest crashing_pilot

help with painting ;-)

Guest crashing_pilot

hi,i'm not too sure if it belongs -i'm stupid-in this forum,but A:does anybody know the rgb values for lufthansa blue and grey?and b:how does one repaint the engine,whilst retaining the panel lines...i managed to get it done on the tail and fuselage,but i just can't get the engines to show in grey ;-) (told ya i was stupid ;-) )http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/38786.jpgwell,what ya think....does it look a bit good(the fuselage?) i know,i have to add windows,the grey has to move up,the nose logo must go up a bit,and the name must be stretched a little,but hey,it's the first thing I'M painting,so i am just darn proud(as i am a complete computer analphabetic,you see)i think i'm getting close,right?...btw,ffx/sga 737-200 model,really good stuff.

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Tom,She is a beaut! Really looking good!I am no painter, but as far as I know, the panel lines are usually a separate layer (if you are not familiar with the concept of layers, Adobe has this to say: "Layers allow you to work on one element of an image without disturbing the others. Think of layers as sheets of acetate stacked one on top of the other. Where there is no image on a layer, you can see through to the layers below. You can change the composition of an image by changing the order and attributes of layers. In addition, special features such as adjustment layers, fill layers, and layer styles let you create sophisticated effects.") so that you can paint the whole plane in some layers, and have the panel lines, untouched, in a separate layer.Other than that, the plane really looks good. The cargo door is great, but unfortunatelly I am not familiar with the livery.You will get much more feedback if you post this shot in the screen shot forum here at Avsim, for it is there that all painters hang out. Just remember, as a rule, every post has to have at least one pic, so I'd post the above and ask the same questions.P.S. Really like the quotes man!

Guest crashing_pilot

ok,Thanks mate,i was a bit uncertain myself,but you've just doubled my motivation ;-)i'll do as you suggested,and post this in the screenshot forum as well...about the quotes:i especially love the third one,as that one just stands out->He really is awesome ;-)again,thanks for your very kind words,i appreciate them a lot,see you around,