Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

Computer Chronicles - Flight Simulators (Aired 1990)

I was doing some "Digg"ing this evening and came across a post relating to the old "Computer Chronicles" TV show. Browsing through the classic selections, I noticed THIS episode...http://www.archive.org/details/flightsimulaIf you have some time to spare (1/2 hour), take a look - it's worth it! I know many of us have lived through this history with the simulators of the early 1990s, but it's always fun to watch things like this...(Crossposted to my two daily reader flightsim forums...)

It's amazing, MSFS 4.0 is what I started using when my father bought it many years ago. It was step one for me getting into real world flying. I remember getting a coupon for a demo flight and and flying a small airplane for the first time when I was 14. I never thought 10 years later I would be teaching people how to fly.

Great post and link!I used to have that F-15 :-)We've come a long way.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)