Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly1

Can't see through the Legacy's canopy.. maybe you can help

Guest bjornkeizers

Hello All, I installed the Legacy for FS9 today, but I can't see through the glass canopy and side windows. My virtual cockpit and other textures show up OK, and I've never had this problem with other aircraft. So, maybe you guys can help. I haven't heard any other reports yet of problems, so I'm assuming it's the my card that doesn't like this special band of texture or something. (I'm using an SiS 630/730) Any suggestions on how to fix it? http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/39566.jpg

Guest Fly1

Bjorn,I am curious also regarding this. Just for the record, the FS9 textures will not work in FS2002. They will be too dark.What does the fuel collector tube look like which is located on the shelf behind the passangers seat. This is also also a transparent item, though not using a bitmap texture with an alpha channel. There appears to be a problem displaying transparent objects.I am using a TI Geforce 4 TI 4600/4800 graphics card. I am not enough of a techno guru to know if this strictly a graphics card issue, or ...I tried adjusting some of the FS display options to see if that would have this effect, but not as far as I can see. Hopefully a more knowledgeable person will chime in on this.Sorry.Bob C.This is what it should look like.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/39785.jpg

Guest bjornkeizers

>I am curious also regarding this. Just for the record, the FS9>textures will not work in FS2002. They will be too dark.Yes, I know. I'm using standard FS9 with the FS9 Legacy package with default textures. My aircraft reflections and such are on, and textures are all maxed out. >What does the fuel collector tube look like which is located>on the shelf behind the passangers seat. This is also also a>transparent item, though not using a bitmap texture with an>alpha channel. There appears to be a problem displaying>transparent objects.My fuel collector tube (I was wondering what that was!) looks OK. When I'm sitting in the VC, I can look out just fine, and my glass and tube are transparant. I just can't look in from the outside. It looks quite nice actually when it's a bright and sunny day, but looks very silly at night :D

Guest Fly1

Send me an e-mail at the address noted on the doc's. Maybe we can try the original FS2002 canopy texture and see what happens.Bob C.

Guest bjornkeizers

I just tried it - and it works! Woohoo!I copied the two canopy files from the FS2002 version to the texture folders in my FS9, and now my canopy works as advertized. I owe you one! :-beerchug

Guest Fly1

Well, I am glad that worked, but I am still concerned why it happened in the first place. Happy Flying!!Bob C.