Sign in to follow this  
Guest harry3

Basic GA Panel wanted

Hi all you panel designers.... Can someone recomend a GA panel download for me? I want a panel that shows only the gauges - no switches, no "cockpit scenery" etc, that fills a full monitor screen. I'm building a home GA cockpit and all the switches, the throttle etc are on the physical cockpit panel. Above the yoke I'm placing a flat panel that will show the instruments, but all the panels I can find show the stuff I don't want too. Any suggestions?Rick

Guest dek

Hi Rick,Why not find the panel you like and simply get rid of what you don't want in it. Or simple make a new one with your specs? Easy to do.dek

Don't you need special software to edit FS panels? If not, is there an absolute newbies guide to how to do it ?

Guest harry3

The only program you need for editing panels is Notepad!Open the panel.cfg, there are all things defined. If you want to do it the comfotable way, download FS Panel Studio. www.fspanelstudio.comRegards,Harry

Guest harry3

Yes, of course!Download the panel and gauges sdk from http://zone.msn.com/flightsim/FS02DevDeskSDK00.aspIt is a very easy system, each subpanel(e.g. main panel, pedestal panel, radio stack, ...)starts with gauge00.For example:gauge11=tbm700!eadi, 365, 200, 110, 100means: the 12th gauge(because it starts with 00 and not 01) on this window, the gauge is located in tbm700.gau or tbm700.cab, the subgauge is called eadi.(one .gau or .cab file can contain many subgauges)365, 200 tells you the x, y coordinates on the window bitmap. 110,100 tells you that your gauge has the size of 110*100 pixel.For more information, have a look into the sdk!Of course, FsPanelStudio is the easiest and quickest way.Regards,Harry

Guest flightmike1

Or theres the free cfgedit which is the predecessor to fs panel studio.

Unfortunately it says CFGEdit doesn't support FS2002 :-(It also seems to be over the top to pay $25 for a software prog I'll use once and for one panel :-(Richard

Guest harry3

>>It also seems to be over the top to pay $25 for a software prog >>I'll use once and for one panel :-(Well, it's a good prog, and I'm sure you would use it more than one time.But CFGEDIT also works in FS2002. It doesn't handle XML Gauges, makes many mess into the FS2002+ panel.cfg's and so on... But it works...more or less.Of course you don't have to buy the prog and you also don't need CFGEDIT. Just edit the panel.cfg yourself as I've explained above. Download the SDJK for more info.Regards,Harry