Sign in to follow this  
Guest Karl R Pettersen

Setting VC view parameters

Is it possible to configure the zoom and angle of the VC view. I've a VC that needs to be angled down slightly to see both outside world and panel and it's a pain to have to pan-down everytime. Can this be 'programmed in'. (In FSDS2) I tried tilting the axis of pilot.view, but that didn't work and had a good look through the panel SDK, which implied it couldn't be done. Has anyone had this situation and found a solution?Thanks for any help,C.J.

Guest jlwoodward

View forward direction, in the panel.cfg file, affects both outside view and the size of the panel, unlike with the 2d panel where it only affects the outside view.You can use eyepoint in the aircraft.cfg file to reposition the viewing point. I try to get the best compromise to see as much of the panel as possible while getting a good view over the nose. Usually I still have to pan down to see all of the gauges (or I move them up a little if there is room). I don't know of anything that affects the angle, though.John Woodward

The Panel CFG is not for the VC veiw's height position, you must adjust in the aircraft's cfg file.(Views)eyepoint= 1.00,1.00,1.00 last set will adjust HEIGHT (shift ENTER-BACKSPACE) the higher the number, the lower you eyepoint (over dash)... Play with it .. You can add a ZOOM line in the panel cfg if not alreadt there...[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/winglets_lg.jpg [h3] AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Guest Karl R Pettersen

Wrong :) In aircraft.cfg you set the default eyeposition, where all offsets in the panel.cfg's view section are derived from. Move the eyepoint in aircraft.cfg, and all points in panel.cfg are moved respectively.In case editing views sections is new to you, I've attached the view section I've made for flying the default C182S. The view position in aircraft.cfg is left untouched. There is something wrong with Microsofts panels/virtual cockpit; in real life, you'd be able to see under the wing AND having good view over the panel. In most default panels, your eyes are positioned on the panel brow, which is simply wrong. The default height in this version might need to be adjusted to you height and general liking though. Hope it helps.Note that VC doesn't react to zoom commands in the panel.cfg file, you'd have to save a flight with your preferred general zoom setting and use this as default.

sorry to dig this one up guys - I found it in a search.However, reading this thread makes things even more confusing to me as they appear to have conflicting statements.Can someone tell me definitivly (or provide a link)on how I can move my eyepoint down in the VC cockpit?

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest Karl R Pettersen

Change in aircraft.cfg the eyeposition. Looks like this:{Views} //affects all presets in panel.cfg views sectioneyepoint= -3.95, -0.85, 2.1 //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datumOr, leaving viewpoint alone, change in panel.cfg. Looks like this:{Views}//View directions are: Pitch, Bank, and Heading.//View eye are: Lateral, Vertical, and Longitudinal.VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=1.0 //BuggyVIEW_FORWARD_DIR=12.8, 0.0, 1.4VIEW_FORWARD_EYE=0.02, 0.08, -0.22Replace { } with square brackets.For all the other possible directions, consult the SDK. There are lots more than what is commonly used.