Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

Deleting VC in 2D side view?

How about the other way round ?eg. I would like to make the wings visible on the CS 727 and the PSS A340/330...Is this possible using the inverse procedure ?Thanks

... :-eek!!!! BRILLIANT!!! :-beerchug I hate VCs .. they KILL frame rates in the biggest way possible, and I never use them anyway! :)Thanks for the info!!! The BEST thread I've ever read on Avsim! :)

"... :-eek!!!! BRILLIANT!!! :-beerchug I hate VCs .. theyKILL frame rates in the biggest way possible, and I never usethem anyway! :)Thanks for the info!!! The BEST thread I've ever read onAvsim! :)"Great, another reason not to design aircraft, least someone hack into your MDL!I rarely use the 2D panel, takes the realism out of it. If it doesn't have a VC, I don't use it. Can't wait till it is VC only, probably next version of MS.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

After using this fix, it would appear that while the VC does in fact disappear, so does the aircraft's shadow.Tradeoffs, tradeoffs...I've reverted back to the original models, as the shadow is more important to me than the minor performance gain of no VC.-Greg

Guest Milton

Well, after reading some of these comments, I wonder why I spend 4-8 weeks building a VC. lolNot to worry. My practice is to release a VC and NO-VC version. It only takes about an hour for the model designer to do the alternative No-VC model (with wing/engine VC views). The panel designer requires much more time to do a separate panel.cfg, windows and views.Interestingly, at both Avsim and Flightsim, downloads of our VC models lead No-VC models by 3-4 to 1. Seems there is still plenty of interest in both.It might be easier and preferable to ask the designers to pump out a No-VC version as well. The issue of course is finding good real world cockpit views to compliment them.

Guest Douglas K

>After using this fix, it would appear that while the VC does in fact disappear, so does the aircraft's shadow.http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/cgi/dcforu...rum=DCForumID21Also, if you read the post from Kurt (#14) in this topic you will see that he came to the same conclusion, but he didn't know what the first 0022003900 string was for.So there's no need to lose the A/C shadows along with the VC Greg, just leave that first string alone and enjoy better frame rates without the virtual cockpit.>Well, after reading some of these comments, I wonder why I spend 4-8 weeks building a VC. lol:)The more complex the A/C the greater the need to fly it from the 2D cockpit. And while some virtual cockpits are great (your efforts come to mind here Milton), some are unusable or very poor. I bought the Blue Arrow P-38J Lightning over two years ago and have been using it in FS2002 and FS9 ever since. I fly it exclusively from the VC, and after painting out the gigantic gunsight to render it transparent this is one of the best virtual cockpits I've ever seen (the only drawback is that it's dark as a mineshaft at night, no gauge backlighting and the fx_vclight files won't work to illuminate things). It has a long gun nose to point at the horizon and use for a reference (unlike the MS CFS2 P-38F and the other MS VC's where the panel is all that's between you and the sky), beautiful detailing, and with a revised flight model it is one great virtual A/C. Bill Lyon's virtual cockpits are also outstanding.I have some comments here in response to anyone

Thanks for the update!This is one of those great tips n' tricks threads that shouldn't go away!-Greg