Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

One last thing to do.....

Guest dek

Hi all, I am 99.9% of the way to be finished with a couple of new radios for PoMans Meridian. The last step is to make a switch that will toggle the set buttons between radio 1 and radio 2. I am currently setting the radios using the std. Nav_Radio_Whole/fractional_dec/inc coding in the mouse section. The problem is that I can't have both radios at the same click area working at the same time. I need a switch that will allow one to set either the com or nav radio depending on its off/on status.This may be trivial. I will keep working on it, and sooner or later I will figure it out. But I could sure use a guru right now to help.Thanks in advance, dek

Hi,In other words you want to change the functions of the click areas?It is possible using a lot of IF statements.Say: IF "your switch" is pointing to COM, then CHANGE COM FREQ. etc.Another way is to use some G:Var's.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest dek

Hi Jan, thanks for the quick answer. I knew that was what I had to do, but I couldn't quite figure out how. I'm including an example to show one simple solution I came up with. (G:Var3) 1 == if{ (>K:COM_RADIO_WHOLE_INC) } els{ (>K:NAV1_RADIO_WHOLE_INC) } (G:Var3) 1 == if{ (>K:COM_RADIO_WHOLE_DEC) } els{ (>K:NAV1_RADIO_WHOLE_DEC) } (G:Var3) 1 == if{ (>K:COM_RADIO_FRACT_INC) } els{ (>K:NAV1_RADIO_FRACT_INC) } (G:Var3) 1 == if{ (>K:COM_RADIO_FRACT_DEC) } els{ (>K:NAV1_RADIO_FRACT_DEC) } "Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees!"Thanks again, Don

Looks OK.It is also possible to make a Radio "All In One".You need 2 displays (Active & Standby)2 Knobs to change the freq.'s1 Selector (Nav1-2, Com1-2, ADF, XPDR)1 Swap Switch.Call the selector (>G:Var1).For example:clickspots: 0 (>G:Var1)1 (>G:Var1)2 (>G:Var1)etc.(G:Var1) 0 == points to Off(G:Var1) 1 == points to Nav1(G:Var1) 2 == points to Com2etc.This switch thus regulates the bitmaps and sets the diff. values for (G:Var1)Around the the knobs the normal freq. inc and dec. but as follows:(G:Var1) 0 == if{ 0 }(G:Var1) 1 == if{ (>K:Inc Nav1) }(G:Var1) 2 == if{ (>K:Inc Com1) }etc.Swap and display as usual.May be you can do something with this.Jan."Procul Negotiis"