Sign in to follow this  
Guest jetBlue_03

My next Project:

Guest FelixFFDS

Once you get basic textures, I claim dibs for a repaint.Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

Guest PhLem

That looks so sweet !!!!Regards,UdoPGT:-wave

Guest Valid_Andy

WOW!!!! You've done a really nice job so far, keep it up! The wing to fuse fairing is sooo smooth! How do you do it??? Keep up the great modelling:D

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey jetBlue,Very, very nice. You are capturing the odd shapes of the Premier very well. The engines are a bit too big, though. The need a smaller overall diamter, and an even smaller inlet (see in the front view how the inlet is a lot smaller than the mid-engine cross section?).Keep us updated,

Looking very good Sir!Is this going to be a freeware Premier? It looks great from the onset! Let me suggest offering dynamic wing views and engine views...You have a great bit of sculpting talent... Would love to see you tackle something like a CJ-1 as well.... Thanks for the preview shots....-John

Guest jetBlue_83

Here's another preview...this time in the actual flightsim environment! At least I now know that the size is correct!! I am using the default Learjet air file and aircraft.cfg to test the visual model of my premier (that explains why she's not sitting on the ground :))http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/42884.jpg

Guest hitman1971

Those are great screen shots .. I'm just starting out ( a newbie ) I would like to make a Gulfstream V but I'm having a hard time learning G-max .. How did you get the 3 views to look like that ...

Guest jetBlue_83

>Those are great screen shots .. I'm just starting out ( a newbie ) I >would like to make a Gulfstream V but I'm having a hard time >learning G-max .. How did you get the 3 views to look like that ...To get three views: 1. Use an image editing program to Separate the 3-view picture into different images; Top, Left, Front.2. In GMAX, create a box in the top view that is the same length and width as the image you created for the top view. Make the height a small value (using the create panel). 2a. Select the box. 3. Open the Material Editor (the red sphere at the top right corner) and next to the color box for DIFUSE COLOR click the little gray box. In the window that pops up, select "Bitmap". 4. Find the image you created for the Top view and click OK. This sets the image as a material. Select the box in the top view (if it became unselected) and click "APPLY" on the material editor. 5. Now that the image has been applied to the box as a texture, check to make sure that it looks right; not squished or stretched out. Then, repeat the same process for the LEFT and FRONT views. 6. Finally, looking at the PERSPECTIVE view, adjust each viewport (left, top, front) so that the boxes form a box with three sides, just like in my first preview shot. 7. It's all up to you at this point. The GMAX are very useful and there are many tutorials on the internet. Also, use the forums just like I am doing. Everyone here is more than willing to help you out.If you want a really good tutorial on making aircraft in GMAX, head over to http://www.simviation.com and click on Design on the menu on the left.::::::::GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!:::::::::::::::::-wave

Guest panzerschiffe

>To get three views: >1. Use an image editing program to Separate the 3-view picture....That's the hard part....actually FINDING good 3-views. After that it's a simple matter.

Guest JamesM

I use www.suurland.comIt has a whole buncha planes

Guest jetBlue_03

Also, check out www.airliners.net to see reall aircraft details that may not be represented in the 3-views