Sign in to follow this  
Guest Skymed

Getting eng1_starter sound to work in sound.cfg

Guest ptwaugh

Hey guys,Test Sound.cfg looks like this:[FLTSIM]product_code=FSIM[sOUND_ENGINE]number_of_engines = 1eng1_starter = STARTEReng1_jet_whine = eng1_combustion_start = eng1_combustion = eng1_prop = eng1_shutdown = SHUTDOWNeng1_non_combustion = [sTARTER]filename=short_test_soundviewpoint=1But, the sound never plays. What else do I have to do (maybe in my xml starter gauge, starter.xml) to get it to work? Note: this is in a helicopter, so no magnetos.Suggestions?StickHC001ST

Hi,Not sure, but try:{FLTSIM}product_code=FSIM{SOUND_ENGINE}number_of_engines=1eng1_combustion=COMBUSTION.1.00eng1_jet_whine=JET_WHINE.1.00eng1_starter=starterAeng1_shutdown=shutdownAeng1_combustion_start=combstartA{STARTERA}filename=short_test_soundviewpoint=1link=starterA.1{STARTERA.1}filename=short_test_soundviewpoint=2Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest ptwaugh

Yeah, that's basically what I have. Didn't realize the forum ate my brackets!Anyway, I have the correct syntax and format. Just doesn't work, so there must be something outside the sound.cfg.StickHC001ST

Hi,Perhaps stupid to ask, but did you try your sound.cfg + .wav files in another aircraft or chopper?(I mean the whole sound subdirectory)Or did you use a working sound dir. in your craft?Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest ptwaugh

Bored now. Please. I'm a bit more intelligent than that.Everything is setup correctly, except that for some reason, these sounds do not work with, for example, the B206.

Hi,For starter sound you can try (>K:Toggle Afterburner1) in the "Starter gauge" if you don't use it for another purpose.(Of course you know about the xmlsound.gau and renaming your "starter sound.wav" to "whm-sound1.wav)Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest ptwaugh

You do not understand my question, nor have a solution, so please don't respond.

Guest Skymed

Thats about the rudest comment I have seen.The forums are a place where people ARE trying to help you, but with THAT attitude, I for one won't bother.IF you want help, its considered polite to be grateful when people offer suggestions.Steve

Guest Ron Freimuth

>Thats about the rudest comment I have seen.>>The forums are a place where people ARE trying to help you,>but with THAT attitude, I for one won't bother.................>SteveAGREED!Further, if "Mr. I'm_too_intellegent" already tried all the suggestions, there are lots of others who might learn something. RAF

Guest ptwaugh

Glad you're learning something from answers that don't address the question.If you want to get your panties in a knot over my conversations with others... feel free. Personally, I spend my time better.

Guest Skymed

PatrickHaving checked through earlier posts, there are many ( including some from you) that are looking for help because they are stumped on something that, to them, is very difficult, but for others just seems incredibly simple. Every user of these forums has a different level of expertise, ranging from absolute beginners ( at which time we ALL were), to some of the very best in the business.Seems to me that, with an open mind, EVERY answer to ANY question will shed light on something for someone. Maybe it does not answer your specific query at the moment, but Im sure that someone learned from the answer.Without knowing peoples experience and expertise level, folks who respond to questions do so starting with the assumption ( unless proven otherwise) that the questioner may have missed the basics. So why not start FROM the basics to ensure all bases are covered when giving replies?Since we are all trying to comprehend and understand the nuances of gauge programming, it behooves us all to show tolerance and patience when asking and answering questions, because that way the entire community benefits from those who are willing to share their knowledge.Anyways, just my thoughts.Steveps. Thanks for the replies in answer to my switch problems.I appreciate it.