Sign in to follow this  
Guest grb

New XML Sound Gauge

Hi all,I have put together a compiled C gauge which will play sounds based on input from XML gauges. If anyone is interested in testing it, send me a an e-mail or a forum message and I will e-mail it to you. The whole package is too large to include in an attachment hereNote that right now, the gauge requires a registered copy of FSUIPC to operate. I will arrange for registering it if the package is found to be useful.Doug Dawson

Guest Ron Freimuth

>Hi all,>>I have put together a compiled C gauge which will play sounds>based on input from XML gauges. Sounds useful. Is it based on toggling the Afterburner, etc? Be better if a set of obscure set of XML K: events could be used. Perhaps a way to select which 'obscure' events. >Note that right now, the gauge requires a registered copy of>FSUIPC to operate. I will arrange for registering it if the>package is found to be useful.>Doug Dawson I don't have a registered FSUIPC for FS9 so could only try it if you get it 'registered' with FSUIPC as a freeware app.Ron

Ron,Right now it is set up to use RAD_INS_Switch as the toggle event (is that obscure enough for ya? ;) It uses ADF2 to select which sound to play. If you can find me the actual offset for ADF2 (or any other numeric variable that you're prepared to do without), I can do away with the FSUIPC interface.In any event, I think there is going to be enough interest that I will contact Pete later this week and get the sucker registered. I was just hoping it would be relatively bug free by the time I did so.Doug

Guest Ron Freimuth

>Ron,>>Right now it is set up to use RAD_INS_Switch as the toggle>event (is that obscure enough for ya? ;) I don't even know what it does, but found it in Parameters.txt:RAD INS SWITCHTYPICAL DESCENT RATE Now what would the next Parameter listed display? I'll have to add it to my test gauge and see if anything is diplayed. I know one Parameter I tried in the list was dead. Probably many more.>It uses ADF2 to select which sound to play. If you can find>me the actual offset for ADF2 (or any other numeric variable>that you're prepared to do without), I can do away with the>FSUIPC interface..................>Doug Herve' Sors couldn't get NAV2 or maybe it was NAV1 through FSUIPC for his AFSD. There are a lot of internal FS variables, but one would have to be careful in changing any. I'm hoping more info on the FS9 Tokens will be available soon, though someone here found a bunch of strings in one of the DLL's. Ron

Doug,Since i lost 8 fs2002 xml sounds, i'm very interested in a new xmlsound.gau.No registered fsuipc user.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

There seems to be enough interest out there, so I have now written to Pete to get a registration code for this thing. Once the appropriate changes have been made I will advise.Thanks for your interest.Doug Dawson

Guest grb

Hi Doug,I am slso interested in the possibilities your sound dll will provide.I had sent you a private letter in responses to your question to me via. private email ........prior to checking out this section of Forum. As you indicated, many folks will probably take notice to your new dll. I too have not registerd for FSUIPC. There are two many things that will never work because the creators of gauges etc.,just for instance the great Aircraft Carrier package that has all the nice carriers that needs Arrestor Hook and earlier FSUIPC .......Is there any way you can create a version of your sound dll that would also work with PRE REGISTERED VERSIONS OF FSUIPC in the future?I assume many of us will not install and register the newest and future FSUIPC because they will lose lots of stuff they took for granted in the past. I do not harbor any bad feeling toward Pete Dowson in any way. Why shouldn't he get a few bucks for all he haddone for FS2K2 etc.. I for one had written to a few designers of things asking if they planned to register their gauge etc., with noresults. I would lose those carriers and things like Arrestor Cableso I no longer could do carrier ops and in flight refueling etc., which is a big part of my simulator experience. At any rate, thanks for the efforts taken to share another sound dllto forum community.cheers,George

Guest grb

Thnnks Eugen,Looks like the software being developed by that group will provideus with the Simulator Interface that FSUIPC has done up to now without having to register, pay for, the product. Anyone going to thissite will observe.....that at the moment, they are working primarilyon the Interface for FS9. But they had indicated that once things are working correctly..............they plan on writing a version forFS2K2. So perhaps this will be a way around the current problem many of us face who want to use the newest FSUIPC releases. I assumethat one will not loose all the gauge and other dll...whatever stuffthat has been written for the past few years ........if they use thisnew package. Guess time will tell.regards,George

Guest Paul_S

>Thnnks Eugen,>Anyone going to this site will observe.....that at the moment,>they are working primarily on the Interface for FS9. But they had>indicated that once things are working correctly..............they>plan on writing a version for FS2K2.>regards,>GeorgeI have used their FDSConnection module under FS2K2 and it seems to work just fine.I haven't tried doing any serious interfacing with it yet though.Paul

Guest grb

Thanks Paul,For that observation. Perhaps much of the interface is identical between FS2K2 and FS9, and therefore you are able to use it withFS2K2. I guess I will go back to that site and see what it offers.No response required per above of course.cheers.George