Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

What defines default viewpoint in VC?

I have been enjoying the fantastic Falcon50 CAEA for fs2k2 in FS2004 for a couple of weeks now - loving it! The problem is that I use the VC much more in FS9 than I ever did in FS2k2. The default location for view point in the falcon is at the cabin door, so after looking around the cockpit using the hat switch, I hit space to reset, and end up back with the passengers. I want to permanently move the view to the pilots seat, but have no idea what to change. Which file contains that info - panel.cfg, I assume? Could someone kindly point me in the right direction to accomplish this task?Thanks,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest Karl R Pettersen

In aircraft.cfg, default eyepoint is defined in the (views) section. All eyepoints defined in panel.cfg are relative to this. A panel.cfg eyepoint view could be something like, also defined in the (views) section:VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=11.4, 0.0, 5.4VIEW_FORWARD_EYE=0.14, 0.044, -0.09//Numkey (5)7, good view during bankVIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_UP_DIR=-20.0, 0.0, 45.0VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_UP_EYE=0.29, -0.28, 0.12Just a couple of examples, see the panel sdk for more details.Hope it helps.

Thanks.I've been reading the panel sdk but am unable to find the info I'm looking for with respect to virtual cockpits, and the aircraft container sdk has a bad link.What I'm getting is that the three numbers refer to a rotation and translation, but I want to know what defines 0,0,0. Is that part of the model? I guess I'll just do some experimenting in the meantime...sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Hi sg,The value you want to edit is the 'eyepoint' value in the aircraft.cfg file. If my memory serves me correct, it should look like this:{Views} {}=square bracketseyepoint=15.70,-1.45,2.4Change the first value to 23.0 and you'll get what you're looking for. BTW, this is also in the Falcon readme if you have the latest update.JohnBoeing 727/737 Mechanic

Hi sg,As for what each value of 0,0,0 does in the eyepoint entry. They are longitudinal, lateral and vertical positions from the model reference point.JohnBoeing 727/737 Mechanic

Thanks, John. I'll have to make sure I've got that update - pretty sure that info wasn't in my readme! But then again, I've been known to read those less than thoroughly...