Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heber98

Simicon

Guest Heber98

How do I assign a window to a simicon? I copied an FMC simicon from one panel and put it on another and need that simicon to pull the FMC window for this panel.

Step One: Have a look at the code in the simicon (WinZip will open Windows .cab files). Look for a line that appears something like this:150 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)Make note of the number near the beginning of the line, just after the . In this case, the value is 150.Now open your panel.cfg file. Find the entry for your FMC. (The detailed description of it, not the one liner near the top that says WindowXX=FMC)You need to make the 'ident=' value the same as the number noted above. In this case you would want the line to read:ident=150Save your change; you should be in business.Doug Dawson

Guest Van

Open the original panel cfg that the simicon was in and look for the ident= number for the particular window the icon opened, then use that ident number for the panel you wish to use the icon on.Regards,Van LatendresseYeodesigns/AFG GroupPanel/FDE Designer

Guest Heber98

So I open the .cab, edit the XML file, then how do I resave it? Winzip doesn't let me resave a CAB file format.

Hi,You don't have to "Recab", just let the XML files and bitmaps, sometimes 2 maps, in the Gauges directory.For easy and better handling you can make a new dir under Gauges and change the panel.cfg accordingly.Example:1. Make dir "My Panel" under Gauges.2. Uncab "My Panel.cab" in this directory.3. Edit bitmaps and XML and leave them there.4. Change in Panel.cfggaugexx=My Panel!....... to gaugexx=My PanelMy Panel!....... etc. etc.To see the effects of editing on the easy way, use K:Reload(Look under FAQ's)Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest Heber98

It didn't work...The icon doesn't appear on the panel.In the pic I show the original .CAB on the right, the extracted folder under gauge folder on the left, and bottom left the line in the cfg I'm working on:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/43372.jpg

Hi,Sorry, use somewhat other system, i think it must be:gauge26=757simicon!FMC, .....Jan"Procul Negotiis"