Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peyroteo

Gmax - Who could explain that?

Guest Peyroteo

Hi,This is my first try whith Gmax, I only know somethings about flight dinamics and a litle bit of xml. I read all tutorials and faks and started creating a new plane just to gain some expirience but there are things that I don

Guest PAtom

- creating a virtual cockpit works same as creating the outside model. just more complicated when you start to export with makemodel.exe. good turorials are at www.freeflightdesign.com- could be a problem with the animation key for translation. move it from frame0 to frame1 cause translation must start at frame1 while rotation could start at frame0- to mirror parts in gamx is always a little bit problematic. dont use the mirror button, use a mirror modifier instead and aplie a "reset xform" to the cloned parts after that.tom

Guest Peyroteo

>- creating a virtual cockpit works same as creating the>outside model. just more complicated when you start to export>with makemodel.exe. good turorials are at>www.freeflightdesign.com>>- could be a problem with the animation key for translation.>move it from frame0 to frame1 cause translation must start at>frame1 while rotation could start at frame0>>- to mirror parts in gamx is always a little bit problematic.>dont use the mirror button, use a mirror modifier instead and>aplie a "reset xform" to the cloned parts after that.>>tomThanks Tom, I will try that just now.Peyroteo

Guest FelixFFDS

When you name a flap as l_flap or r_flap, you get only rotation, according to the setting in the aircraft.cfg file, and how you set your pivot.To get translation and rotation, you must key frame the animation and call the flap l_pct_trail (or something like that - check the Makemdl SDK for the correct tag)Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

Guest Peyroteo

Thanks Tom and Felix, I already try and all problems are solved.The VC needs more work, but with time I think I can do it.Its amazing what I had learn in this forum, thanks to all of you.Best regardsPeyroteo

Guest Peyroteo

Hi,Just to show you what I can do and what I can't.The plane was not so bad for a first attempt, I could't do 2 things - animate the wheels, it is not roling when the aircraft moves, and the proprllers don't stop when the engine stops (I wait 15 minutes...). The VC is waiting for some pictures of the interior.I need some opinions to improve my work.By the way, is an Bae ATP (just in case...)

Guest Kobie1244

>To get translation and rotation, you must key frame the>animation and call the flap l_pct_trail (or something like>that - check the Makemdl SDK for the correct tag)the correct tag for a flap in GMAX with your own animations is......l_flap_key or r_flap_keyKobie :-wave

Guest PAtom

* you need three objects to get the prop animation working. prop0_still, prop1_slow and prop0_blurred. otherwise it wont work_still and _slow usualy have an realistic propellor blade shape while _blurred is a semi-transparent disk.* almost same for the tires (also three copies with different names of each tire needed, 3dparts identical just with moire and more blurred textures)for the correct animation tag names check out freeflightdesign.com

Guest Peyroteo

I do that, the propellres work well (I don't knows why they don't stop...), just the textures for tires was the same...I will try, thanks for your help.Best regardsPeyroteo