Sign in to follow this  
Guest Karl R Pettersen

Question on [Default View] section in panel.cfg

Guest Oscar

Anybody knows what the purpose of this section is in panel.cfg:[Default View]X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8192SIZE_Y=2600what do x, y, size_x and size_y stand for and what do they do?Have got the panel SDK,but it does not contain enough info.Oscar

I would compare the C172SP and C172SP with IFR panel and the numbers listed for the default view. Secondly, I think they really mean the 2D panel vice the 3D (VC) panel.Make a copy of one of the panel.cfg files, rename the original panel.cfg file to panel.cfg.ORG. Rename the copy to panel.cfg, then experiment with the numbers. Generally, the numbers are a reference point where, X=0, Y=0 are the top left of the screen and the Size_X= stretches the outside scenery image to the right and Size_Y= stretches the outside scenery image to the bottom of the screen.To see how this works, change the Size_Y=2500 value of the C172SP to Size_Y=1220 value of the C172SP with IFR panel. Since the C172SP panel is lower, you will find about an inch or so black area above the panel. This black area doesn't show on the C172SP with IFR panel since the panel is moved towards the top of the screen. So in effect, it adjusts the amount of the outside scenery that is displayed behind the panel. If you hit the "W" key, then it changes to a full view again, since it only affects the screen when the 2D panel is in view.W. Sieffert

Guest Karl R Pettersen

I determine the approximate y-value by adjusting the default pitch in virtual cockpit (views section in the panel.cfg). I.e. I might prefer that when I enter virtual cockpit, I'd like to see two rows of instruments by default. When this is done, I enter the 2D-cockpit and starts adjusting the y-number until I have a "2D-pitch" that I like. Microsoft suggests simply adjusting this number until the least amount of stripe is visible for the 2d-panel to be covered. But working with a pitch-down, this obviously doesn't work so good.Simply put; the x and y values mean the size of the 3d area while in 2d-cockpit. I think 8192x6144 is the maximum allowed, meaning full screen? With this resolution, there will be no difference when changing from 2D to VC. Some of the problems associated with these values has also been fixed from FS2002 to FS9.