Sign in to follow this  

Guest JerryL

I'm relatively new to FS2004. So far I've only downloaded repaints to the standard aircraft availiable with the program. I downloaded the POSKY 757-200 American Airlines as the first attempt to add a new aircraft to the program. I read a tutorial at simviation.com on adding additional planes. I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions but have two problems:1)Only one side of the plane is painted in AA colors- the other side is plain metal2) The installation instructions mention adding the gauge and effect files to FS gauge and effect folders. I found neither in the download. I did find an effects file on AVSIM site which I downloaded and installed, but no gauge fileAnyone having similar problems? Any advice greatly appreciatedThanks in advance for any repliesJerry

Hi, and welcome to the forums. :)1) Sounds strange.Have a look into your FS9/AIRCRAFT/POSKY757/TEXTURE folder, and make sure there are *all* the bitmap files which were in the original ZIP you downloaded.2) There is an additional file available called posky_757_vc_127053.zip which will add you the option of a dynamic virtual cockpit instead of the default wing views. It includes effect as well as gauge files. You can search for it in the [a href=http://library.avsim.net/extsearch.php]file library[/a] or [a href=http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?DLID=37959]download[/a] it directly.Good luck,Etienne :-wave