Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

VSI and erratic needle movements?

Guest sphing

Hello,I am having problems getting this XML gauge to work right. When in a rapid decent or a stall the needle will spin wildly around and around a few times before settling into the actual VS.Why?Here is the XML code:(L:GAUGEBACKLIGHT_LT,enum)(L:GAUGEBACKLIGHT_LT,enum)(A:Vertical speed,feet per minute) 100 /

Hi,Not sure, but you could try (works with me): Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest sphing

Nope. didn't help. Thanks though.It seem to want to give one full spin than it locks into the correct VS. for example... if i dive and the VS exceeds 6000 before the needle can actually bottom out, than it will spin a full 360, after which it will settle in and stop at the -6000 ft/sec maximum displable speed.I don't get it!Any more thoughts on this?John

Hi,Try to set the min and max to 6000 as you have, but leave the coordinates out the value: Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest Eugen

Kevin,Your are aware of the 640/800 pixels rule when using images, the values in xml files are for 640 images so if you only are going for 800 images you need to recalculate, but I guess you are aware of it?I did experinece some strange things due to this....brgdsEugen

Guest sphing

What is this rule?please explain.John

John,It means, as you probably know, that the bitmaps must have the exact size.The tag doesn't work anymore in fs2004.Here is my vsi, never had problems with it: (A:Vertical speed, feet per minute) -6000 max 6000 minJan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest sphing

What is the difference between these two.... (A:Vertical speed, feet per minute) -6000 max 6000 min...and(A:Vertical speed, feet per minute)Thanks,John

Morning,To be honest: ?It was one of the first xml gauges i put in my panel and it worked.Never worried about the code.But probably they mean the same.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest sphing

Here is something interesting.... when I run my gauge in FS2002 it works fine, but when I run the same gauge in FS9 ...the needle does this full 360 degree spin thing.Wonder why!This also reminds me of a flaps problem I'm having with FS9. I use flaps.0 trailing edge in FS2002 aircraft.cfg and everything worked fine, but these same entries in the FS9 do not work the flaps. What is the reason for flaps.0 and flaps.1? Anyone else have a problem with flaps when going between FS2002 and FS9?Thanks,

Guest Karl R Pettersen

I've just built something as simple as a tachometer, and I get the same spin behaviour. I have to look into this :) It is a new gauge, so there shouldn't be a size issue.Maybe the "points to" should be changed (with axis), and the graphics mirrored for the needle, so that the "natural" position is closer to where it would normally start?Strange...Or maybe just one of them really stupid bugs that sneak in every now and then :D

Hi,I use: (A:Trailing edge flaps0 left angle, degrees) (A:Trailing edge flaps0 right angle, degrees) (A:Trailing edge flaps1 left angle, degrees) (A:Trailing edge flaps1 right angle, degrees) max max maxand: (L:Altnflaps,bool) 1 == (A:HYDRAULIC SYSTEM INTEGRITY,bool) && if{ (A:Flaps handle index,number) }Without problems.Also my vsi behaves normal.All were moved from 2002 to 2004.Jan"Procul Negotiis"