Guest jlwoodward

I am going to try to make a landing light. I just went through the tutorial by Dave Eckert about making the beam. However, I think it was for FSDS-1. Are there new techniques that need to be used now for FS2004?ThanksJohn Woodward

Guest flightmike1

I think you can use .fx files since FS2002.Look at this section in the aircraft.cfg.[LIGHTS] //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing

John,Dave's tutorial was for FSDS 1 and for FS 2000 onlywith FSDS 2 just make your landing light like you want the 3D shape... whaterver. then place directly in front of it a single small poly with the surface normal (the little line that points out of a poly when in poly mode) point in the diredtion you want the light to go. Name it under part properties pop up window under the lights section "light_land" (get rid of the quotes) and then on the lower part of the window under pre process click add then the condition buton. on the window that pops up hit load preset. uncheck the boxes for scenery and Aircraft animator so only aircraft is checked. thewre is now a list of conditions there. select the one "landing light switch on". Compile the model and you will have a working landing light. Copy this part over to the VC and a seperate Model called front which only has to have the landing light poly in it and you will have a working landing light visible in the 2D, 3D and exterior views. and in foggy weather the part will make a cone of light like a real one will.If you have any problems drop me a lineBrian