Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

Some VC gauges won't click?

I've been dabbling in panel editing since purchasing some reality xp gauges, but I've run into an obstacle. In some planes, I can't click gauges in the VC at all. I was under the impression that gauges that were referenced in the 2D panel would be clickable in the VC by default, but this is not what I'm finding in practice. For example, I have added the 530XP GPS to both the 2D and VC panels of carenados freeware 152 for 2k2, and the GPS is not clickable in the VC.I have a feeling that my problem lies in one of two places: 1.) most of the aircraft that I've run into problems with are 2k2 planes - maybe there are issues with 2k2 VCs that I'm not aware of (can 2k2 VCs be converted to 2k4 clickables?). 2.) I'm not sure how ident's function with respect to the VC panel windows. If my VC windows aren't ident'd properly, can that render the VC un-clickable?Can someone point me to a good VC SDK? Is the info in the 2k2 SDK relevant to 2k4 for the most part?Thanks in advance!sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi, the issue most likely lies in the way backlighting is realized in "hacking" the available options in a VC panel design. Since on the most complex designs it is make "outside sdk bounds" (the VC backlighting and lighting for many aircrafts), this also is broken in FS2004. There is a good tutuorial here about VC backlighting, but I suspect it suffers the no-clickspot-in-VC problem. Can anyone confirm?On any "SDK compliant panel", any gauge click spot is active in the VC (as far as I know of).

Thanks, Jean Luc - I'll read Bill's tutorial on lighting to see if I can gleam some insight from there.sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)