Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

Newbie gauge making questions

Say for instance....I have a directory with sequentially numbered and equally sized bitmaps 1 through 10. I want to make a gauge that would display any one bitmap at a given time. I want to be able to scan through the list of bit maps 1 through 10 with a mouse click in the upper or lower half of the gauge (upper would be n+1 and lower would be n-1 (and not crash because I try to go to 0 or 11) or something to taht effect.I am not an XML programmer but I can at least understand some basic XML syntax. A kick in the pants in the right direction, a short tutorial or a good example of something similiar would help.I'd like to take these dozens of IAPs, departures, approaches and airport maps that I have and make some "regional packages" out of them for use in game. I know I could print them out but this would be certainly more interesting than paper. I just think having a package that included the TRUDO approach to KMKE and all the associated IAP's and an airport map in a nice little gauge package would be really cool, but I am not sure where to start. I have figured out how to put in a static image, but that is rather impractical to do every rime I want to use a different RW for an ILS approach.Thanks in advance

Hi,Make it like a switch, something like (for 11 maps): (G:Var2)1 == (G:Var1)etc. etc.Map 12 - 1 (G:Var1) 1 - 0 max (>G:Var1)Map 1 - 12 (G:Var1) 1 + 12 min (>G:Var1)Map On/Off (G:Var2) ! (>G:Var2)May be useful...Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Hi,If you want to drag the gauge all over the place one solution is to make a new window, like the gps, and put the gauge in there.Then you can define wether the gauge is visible or not (panel.cfg) and make an icon on the main panel to switch on and off.So in panel.cfg add under window section:..........Windowxx="Maps"and under the other windows something like:{Windowxx} BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0size_mm=..,..position="just try"visible=0ident="number"gauge00="Map", 0, 0and make an icon with toggles the ident: "number"Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Hi,Tried to put the window/gauge out of sight initially, but no succes.So one solution is still the icon/window combi.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

PSAnother solution is to make the window very small intially and enlarge it by pulling: {Windowxx}file=IAP.bmp size_mm=800.1000windowsize_ratio="work with this one" try eg 0.1 or smallerwindow_pos=0.250,0.0visible=1ident=....For me an "visible or invisible" icon looks a better solution (that's how i work)Jan"Procul Negotiis"