Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

Need a small XML gauge and some effects

Hey all.I'm working on an Air Tractor 802 Cropduster and firefighting aircraft. I was wondering if any XML guru's could come up with a smal invisible gauge that would activate the smoke effects in 2004 when the spoiler key is activated.and for effects I'm looking for a very light spray effect that I can make show from the spray bars and also a water drop effect for the firefighters.ThanksBrian

Brian, Attached is an automatic gauge for what you're looking for.As for the light spray / water drop check in the library for dropcl415.zip which should work for the water drop. As for the light spray.... HMM maybe a contrail effect with the emitters toned down and the Temp (Kelvin) reduced so it falls to the earth quicker.. See http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul...#specialeffects for the effects SDK.. Regards,RomanGREEN BAY PACKERS][/i :-ukliam :-beerchughttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/48157.zip

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Roman.... Thanks for the gauge, it will help alot. I have a spray effect sort of running by using a modified version of the default smoke. As for the water drop I have it already but it seems to drp the water from the middle of the model no mater what I set for location in the cfg. I'll keep plugging at it though.Brian

Guest A_Delta_Sierra

Hi Brian,No need to make a new guage. Just use the logo light switch (or any unused light)to toggle the fx. Put the name of the fx and the switch in the aircraft config in the lights section. You can move the location relative to the aircraft just like you do lights. Fox example, using the fireworks fs you can tie them to a light switch and put locating values in relative to the the aircraft and they will work regardless of where you are.Regards,BobS

Actualy that won't work for my application. I have the waterdrop doors tied into the spoiler key to open the doors. I also want to trigger the effect at the same time. since I have the spoilers tied into a button on my joystick so Roman's XML code works perfectly.Brian

Brian, That fault has been there since 02, the only way to make it higher or lower is to change the offsets in the .fx. But alas... you can have up to 9 lights working... Mucho easier than playing w/ the effect. //SWITCH Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=Logo // - Rear + Fwd , -Left + Right , -Down, + Up Let me know which "extra" light you want and the trigger gaugean be modified to do so..I AM SURPRISED... EVEN TO THIS DAY EVEN PAYWARE AIRCRAFT DONOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THESE... (Although may be only availabe in .XML ??????) Regards,RomanGREEN BAY PACKERS][/i :-ukliam :-beerchug

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Hi,Can one of you give an example of the synthax how to put a switch with an effect into the aircraft.cfg file under the lights section?Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Hi Jan,If you download my Afterburner effect gauge (file rcbab-10.zip) you see how the gauge uses light 6 - 9 to switch burner effects.Rob

Rob,Dat was zeer verhelderend!Bedankt Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Hi,With all those lights and switches my plane now looks like a Christmas Tree!!!Fun to doJan"Procul Negotiis"